BootsnAll Travel Network



The Second to Last Post

Well, the journey’s over.  No-one has to worry about checking this out anymore…

It’s grim down south.  After a great do yesterday, I got the last plane journey of the trip to return me to my flat in London.  The weather is rubbish, but that was to be expected.

How many pints of Guinness were drunk yesterday?  It’s a worry.  As John says, Patricks 21st should be a blast.  I’ll be 63 then.  Cor.  Cath mentioned a couple of months in Brazil will take place between now and then.  If I don’t join her at some point I’ll just do my own little trip sooner rather than later.  It was fantastic seeing everyone yesterday.  You were all excellent – thanks everyone.  Good to note there is now a picture of the shrine up in the Catholic Club.

A couple of points.  You can all comment whenever you feel like it on son of blog (footie-based), due to be launched in the near future.  Secondly, I’m having a year off when I’m 50, but it will be four 3-month trips to different areas of the globe.  Just a promise to myself that needs to be made publicly.

Now to get back to work.

Final post may take place later this week.  Final comments welcome. We’ll need that blog-reunited picture.  Please email now…



Tags:

11 Responses to “The Second to Last Post”

  1. Aunty Mary Says:

    AAAAH! It’s very sad but great whilst it lasted. So here’s to the next one!!!

  2. How many more for St Derek of Asamoah Says:

    Off to see the Docs tonight, full report to follow…..
    I can start it now, it’ll be noisy and pissed and fun (sorry mum).
    I wonder if JK can get them on at the Catholic Club? It’s probably a non-starter as it may upset the bingo-ers. It would be mighty fine though.

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. Rob MB Says:

    well its been great following johns travels and experiencing south america by proxy. but life moves on and i’m looking forward to the world cup blog now! maybe we should all adopt a team other than our favourite? i’m gonna be following togo, and marlena is a big Parky fan so south korea will be hers i think!

  5. JK Says:

    Big hi to St Derek. We thought the Docs were back to something nearing their best last night after the pre Christmas debacle in Looneypool. Not that bad a crowd for mid week.Entirely predictable bar service though. Guinness lasted as long as a Michael Owen comeback.What did you think?
    Had a quick chat about the amount of Guinness imbibed on Saturday.Cleared 4 kegs from the cellar on Sunday morning. 4 X 88 pints comes to a handsome 352. Not saying the Christening accounted for every single drop of that, but certainly most of it. And some shandy pants were drinking other stuff too! So a very slow and lethargic start to the week can be explained!
    LJP. Will be sending you pics of Saturday.Some aren’t for the faint hearted!

  6. How many more for St Derek of Asamoah Says:

    Quite unbelievably I have now ballsed up the numbery/lettery thing twice. Once when a bit hazy and just now, with a Carlsbery induced hangover. Best lager in the world my arse, the service was a joke JK, not a very funny one either.( I do like their latest advert though). Three bar staff on for a Docs concert, bloody hell you’d need more than that at a bingo night at the Catholic Club.
    Thought the Docs were fabulous, brilliant in fact, best I’ve seen them for a couple of years. I love Galway and Mayo, one of me all time favourite favourites mate.

  7. Posted from United States United States
  8. JK Says:

    Jeez St Derek.I’d be hung by my wotsits if the bingo brigade or otherwise were kept waiting that long for a drink.
    Anyone got spares for the Docs at Goatsville on Monday night?

  9. Cath Says:

    Hiya.
    It was really good to finally meet you all on Saturday, although the night ended in something of a haze…
    I owe many people many drinks (did you manage to keep count Diarmuid?), so I hope to see you all again and return the favour.

    All together now: “Oh the green and red of Mayo…”.

    Special thanks to Mr & Mrs P for letting me use the box room and providing coffee to wash down the paracetomols the next morning.

    I’m also very sad to see the end of the blog, but I’m pleased to see it’s not the end of the adventure and you’re already making plans for future travels, John. Stay in touch & see you soon.

  10. Posted from United States United States
  11. The Editor Says:

    Cor – just returned to this during a wistful moment. Good to see it’s turned into a Saw Doctors support blog. Promoters with insufficient bar staff at Irish gigs should be strung up. It’s the only language they understand.

    Last post will at least include a picture of blog reunited. Thanks John for the impressive statistics from Saturday night. Helps explain why I never made it back for the Celtic game the next day.

    All other comments great – thank you for all the fun and support. Really like Rob’s Adopt-a-Team idea. Will try to get onto it this weekend.

  12. Sister Angela Says:

    On adopt a team.. How we can take the suggestions of the man who egyptian danced across the bar to brown eyed girl, seriously, is beyond me. Then again, Cath did high hand clap at the request of the turn, “let me see those hands in the air.. come on… shabba…”. See you in the smoke, Cath?
    I shall, ofcourse, choose a team to support. Has anybody got Brazil yet? Nah, boring… I think I shall go for Spain, as I will be spanish having been on holiday there, just before it begins. It’s either that or Costa Rica, because I like the look of it. Paul has the right to T&T by birth, so that’s gone.
    JK, a challenge:- I don’t think that it is beyond your abilities to get the Saw Doctors on at the Catholic before the end of the year… or is it…

  13. JK Says:

    Funny you should say that Sister Angela (Order of Perpetual Indulgence – G&T Sect). We are actively looking at this. But it might have to be Docs unplugged a la Live in Galway DVD.Just trying to figure out where we can squeeze a game of bingo in!
    Looking at this World Cup thingy. The club have adopted (quite selflessly) Poland.Because of……….
    A) Catholic country.
    B) JP2
    C) Zurawski and Boruc. (Celtic)
    D) Also there are loads of Poles living around here now, they drink,go to Mass and love the Saw Doctors……. or at least they will once they hear them!
    Anyway, off to Goatsville Monday night to watch the Docs again. Was going to take the green and white St Werbs CSC banner but better not. It has CHESTER emblazoned across the middle. Don’t think the goat worriers would appreciate it.
    Hail! Hail!
    LJP – You’d better get this new blog sorted pronto. I have more worrying statistics to report about our gin stocks too!!!!

  14. admin Says:

    Am working on it – thought I had it set up last night, but Bootsnall haven’t yet sent an ‘authentication code’. Working title – ‘I’d Love It If We Beat Them, Just Love It’. Any thoughts?

  15. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply