BootsnAll Travel Network



What a Way to End It All

Is any comment really necessary?

Blog Reunited.JPG

Yes, on reflection.

Stats at this point

Total posts – 129
Total comments – 715
Page views – 26415
Unique visitors – 3121

Well done all…

Interested in continuing the do? Follow this:

http://blogs.bootsnall.com/KINGERIC77/



Tags:

11 Responses to “What a Way to End It All”

  1. Sister Angela Says:

    Is that your third leg, Mike?

  2. JK Says:

    La Bombonera on the box last night LJP. Did you see it?

  3. How many more for St Derek of Asamoah Says:

    Angela, those are my favourite shoes to go with that suit…
    JK how were the Docs in Goatland?
    I saw the Maradonna interview with Lineker, I thought he came across like a decent enough superstar. That ground was something else, nearly eclipsing the Deva when we played Barnet last week. I agree with Lineker too about the handball, I blame the ref and the linesman, I always have. If an English/ British player had done it he’d have been a hero, a tongue-in-cheek superstar. Anyone remember big Joe Jordan at Anfield against Wales???

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. JK Says:

    Ahhh….Joe Jordan and the original hand of God. Warms the cockles of the heart doesn’t it?
    Docs in Goatsville.
    Got the 5 past 8 train from Chester and arrived at WXM General.Seems very strange to arrive without being met by 200 coppers and a mob of rabid woolybacks. Went for one in Weatherspoons but it was such a brooding,gloomy and morose place we left. Debbie wasn’t impressed with it at all. You could well imagine members of the old Front Line meeting there each evening to swear curses against Cestrians, and plan further outrages on the fluffy population of Llandegla Moor. One in the Horse and Jockey only for the girl behind the bar to tell us that they had been queing outside the venue since 7.30pm-“right round the block” she said.”Who are the Saw Doctors?”.
    Got in. A very good venue to watch live music. The place was jammered but it was easy to get a drink and there was plenty of room in an adjacent bar at the back. Met up with some of Debbie’s work mates who had kept us a great spot just to the right of the stage.Even had a shelf to put the beers on! Now get this. Beer prices – reasonable. Service – excellent.Guinness – top notch! Even had the pints waiting to be topped up!And they didn’t run out!!
    Gig began and straight away you knew it was going to be a superb night. Audience and band were well up for it.All the old favs. + a few tracks from The Cure that sound so much better live than they do on the CD. They even squeezed a work in progress song to try it out. Lots of banter between Davey – Leo- Audience. Prob on stage for 2 1/2 hours which is an indication of how enjoyable it was for all concerned.
    Show over and bumped into other Werburgh’s people who had gone. Retired to the bar for a few choruses of ‘N17’ and ‘Green and Red of Mayo’. Talked to some locals and got invited to a gig up near Caer Park next month.Back heel that one I think. Couple of Scouse girls were parading around with the set list duly signed by the lads. Offered the phlegm garglers a tenner for it. Weren’t having any of it.
    Caught the 5 past midnight train home. Top venue and one that obviously works so well for the lads. Def. on the list for next year. The sheer novelty of getting a train to a gig and returning after midnight. I don’t think I’ve done that sice Eric’s shut down.
    So, a top night in Wrexham. How surreal is that?

  6. admin Says:

    Nice Review John. Not sure it’s enough to ever get me to Wrexham, but we get the idea until you get your act together well enough to get the boys to the club.

    Hot news is that the World Cup Blog has been started it – follow this link to get going.

    http://blogs.bootsnall.com/KINGERIC77/

    In the interests of neatness, perhaps we should give until the end of this week for any final C to P comments. It’s been great.

    Bye

  7. Posted from United States United States
  8. JK Says:

    No.I’m not trying to canvass any support for a night out in Goatsville. It’s years since the Catholic guilt trip thingy kicked in, but I was very confused on Tuesday morning (it wasn’t the beer ). A Cestrian having a good night out in Wxm? Nice people, great Guinness and a first class venue for enjoying a gig. Must be like having a night out at an Orange Lodge, Rangers Supp. Club or a BNP supporters rally (all the same thing really) and having a great time. I am a bit troubled. Does this mean Purgatory for me?

  9. Sister Angela Says:

    Yes.

  10. JK Says:

    Thanks.

  11. Gillian Says:

    Well, I guess this is the end Martin: it’s been nice following your adventures. The party looks to have been a blast. Hope work’s not been too much of a shock.

  12. Posted from United States United States
  13. admin Says:

    Yes, it is indeed the end. A grey day in London and work feels like I’ve never been away. Interestingly, the most visited post has been On The Faint Smell of Urine in Peru. Oh well. Bye all. See you soon.

  14. Posted from United States United States
  15. Rita Says:

    Thanks for the great trip John! Hope we can do it again soon.

  16. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply