BootsnAll Travel Network



Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

I don’t!  It’s midnight on my last night on the continent and by all things confounded I’ve just heard this song.  Edith provides the last track of the blog – until I change my mind of course. 

So utterly right in so very many ways, it was also a track on my leaving tape for Australia over 20 years ago.  Not that she’d ever read this, but I’ve Suzy to thank for that moment.  Melanie, I will introduce you to modern technology when I get back…

Unbelievable, but true, a bloke has just passed me in the hotel lobby and said ‘No Regrets’ twice.  It’s all getting a bit spooky.

Here’s a picture from today.

 

MASP.JPG


Tags:

13 Responses to “Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien”

  1. Gillian Says:

    Have a good trip home Martin, and looking forward to seeing you in London (especially the “free lunch”). Great fan of that Piaf song myself: always believe in looking firmly forward, even if it’s to “Les Parapluies de Londre”.
    Is the above photo another gallery shot from Curitiba? Looks like an art gallery with spot lighting, although the apparent slight curvature of the roof could be an optical illusion.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Cath Says:

    Have a safe journey and may the gods of airport delays look more kindly on you than they did on me! (4 planes, 4 delays)

    In reply to your Steinbeck quote signing off my blog, I thought I’d share the 2 Mark Twain quotes that provide my inspiration/excuse for continuing to quit “good jobs” and return home destitute…

    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it solely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one corner of the earth all one’s life.”

    Mark Twain

    See you soon.

  4. Stanley fan Says:

    P.S.
    The shrine’s power is omnipotent:

    Accrington Stanley are back in the league!
    Sunday Times and Observer running features. Reuter’s link below:

    http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=footballNews&storyID=2006-04-15T184523Z_01_L15748841_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-SOCCER-ENGLAND-ACCRINGTON-UPDATE-1.XML

    Of course this means you may be now be upgraded to mushy peas along with your Hollands pie in the VIP enclosure now.

  5. Cath Says:

    P.S.

    The power of the shrine is omnipotent. Accrington Stanley have been promoted to the league!

    Link to the headlines below: (NB: course this also means your VIP ticket may now be upgraded to include mushy peas).

    http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=footballNews&storyID=2006-04-15T184523Z_01_L15748841_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-SOCCER-ENGLAND-ACCRINGTON-UPDATE-1.XML

  6. JK Says:

    Ah well LJP. It’s been a great journey for all of us.It’s back to logging on to RedIssue,Cybertims and KeeptheFaith each morning for me, instead of logging on to my favourite blog. But life moves on.
    I suppose at this point every LJP blogger has to say something profound in tribute to the great man. But the superlatives in praise of Derek Asamoah have been well exhausted, so we will spare a few words for LJP himself. As you wing your way back from Brazil, returning to normality (a route once blazed by the immortal Ronnie Biggs) comfort yourself with the final words of the ‘Father Ted’ series. You will recall how Ted was planning his escape to the dream parish in L.A. only to realise at the very last minute it was a ‘bum deal’. As he walked away from Shannon, Dougal comforted him with the words “Ah yeah Ted.You’re here to stay! With me,Father Jack and Mrs Doyle for ever and ever and ever and ever……….”
    Hope it’s not that bad.Have a safe journey and look forward to seeing you all next Saturday.
    PS And please give some thought to following this up. Even Chepstow to Prestatyn – LJP’s ruminations on the Offa’s Dyke Trail would be good. Cymru Coastliner Cogitations ….you get the drift?

  7. Rob MB Says:

    ah tis a sad day, but on the plus side, you will be back so you can tell us of all your travels!

  8. Sister Angela Says:

    A sad day? A sad day? He’s beggared off to the pub with my fella. The holiday goes on.

  9. JK Says:

    It’s called acclimatisation Sister Angela. You surely can’t deny him that can you????

  10. admin Says:

    Thank you brother John for the help of ministering to my sister on advice…

  11. How many more for St Derek of Asamoah Says:

    The shrine has come up bigtime trumps indeed. I witnessed a most turgid goalless encounter at Gigg Lane today. No shots on goal for either team. Kaspar Schmeichel in goal for Bury, massively living on his old man’s glories, he looks a very poor ‘keeper indeed.
    Anyway, I digress, Chester Chairman has only gone and invited me and my dad to be his guests for free food and wallop next week. He’s only gone and made arrangements for Tom to be mascot again hasn’t he? It’s all down to the shrine I tell you. We’ll make Derek Asamoah man of the match and return to the Catholic Club with photos and a lock of hair, perhaps we can make our own shrine in Brook Street…

  12. Posted from United States United States
  13. How many more for St Derek of Asamoah Says:

    Sorry, welcome home Martin.

  14. Posted from United States United States
  15. JohnnyBoy Mallinson Says:

    is it to late to submit a bid for the jelly beans?
    i say 79.

  16. Aunty Mary Says:

    Great that you’reback safe and sound. See you in Chester!! That will bring you down to earth with a bang !!

  17. admin Says:

    I might be back safe – but sound? Not so sure just now. Hopefully I won’t come back to earth with too big a bang as BMI are known to cutting the odd corner…

    Thanks all for the lovely messages etc. Variety of people seen so far – looking forward to seeing the rest of you.

Leave a Reply