BootsnAll Travel Network



Playing Golf in Kelowna

Well, I made it to Kelowna on the scabby Greyhound buses.

Once I got here I landed in a pub with a pop quiz going on but Mark quickly rescued me. Lovely to see Mark and Kim and Simon and Olly. Well, I say lovely, my godson is suffering terribly from neglect. Still what can you do with some parents, eh?

Went wine tasting with Mark last night at some pyramid hippy wine place. Very nice, all the same. That was after shopping for dear clothes with Kim and poor Olly. The teachers are on strike here at the moment – or at least that’s what Kim and Mark say. I suspect that the children are not even registered at school. I know for a fact that Simon was working until his hands blistered yesterday afternoon.

Still, to give the poor mites some respite I took them and their friends golfing today and the beams on their little faces made it all worthwhile. Although this was my first golf experience, I’m now thinking of taking it up professionally.

Off to a hockey game tomorrow night, but it’s United v Spurs at 7am…

As AboveAs AboveGolf!Golf!



Tags:

7 Responses to “Playing Golf in Kelowna”

  1. Fidel Castro Says:

    Comrade
    Is Kelowna in North Wales? My Brother Rául is convinced the picture reminds him of the pitch and putt in Abergele. On the subject of this capitalist pastime, I implore you not to prostitute your talents for the shallow rewards of professional golf. Remain true to your class and the amateur ideal. Play for the glory of the revolution and the honour of Cuba or even Bala if you prefer.

  2. Mick Says:

    Glad to see your taking up the great game, helps take your mind off the fags while your trying to find the ball. Nice swing but that looks suspiciously like a ball still sitting by your feet. On the subject of fags British American Tobacco are closing two factories in Canada, just how many did you smoke a day?

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. admin Says:

    Just to be clear, that’s Olly in the picture and it was his practice swing before he belted the thing many many yards.

    Mick, I didn’t need to look far for the ball when it had only moved 5 yards.

    OK Fidel, I’ll remain amateur for the time being, but BAT were due to sponsor me prior to the North American collapse so I’ll need another corporate supporter. That’ll be Guinness, then. Set it up, please.

  5. Posted from Canada Canada
  6. Fidel Castro Says:

    Oi Fidel, i am Fidel. Get your own revolutionary hero and bugger off. Comrade Che was a golfer, i have a picture of him on my desk with a putter. We will of ‘course’ sponser you with as much Havana club as you like Johnny boy. Cigar anyone?

  7. admin Says:

    What’s happening with the Fidels? Do you boys need to sort yourselves out? It’s OK at the moment, but in a week I’ll be in Americkie, where your name is banned from being uttered. You know, the land of the free.

  8. Posted from Canada Canada
  9. Raul Castro Says:

    Those people claiming to be Fidel are imposters. I have never been to Abergele and Che has never played golf on Fidel’s desk. Good to see you’re enjoying yourself but I think that I should warn you that the third world is just around the corner.

  10. Col Says:

    The local firman were short of a photograph for this years calander. Problem solved.

  11. Katarina Says:

    Hi John
    It was great meeting you at Mark and Kim’s house while you were here. It is nice and sunny
    here in Kelowna today. It sounds like you are having a great trip and interesting places that
    you are going to.

    Katarina

  12. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply