BootsnAll Travel Network



Hot Tubs, Hockey and Hooch

Friday night was spent at the Blue Gator club. The children were left home alone whilst Mark, Kim, Jill and I careered around town until we staggered home at 2.30am.

Up at 7.00am to watch United be rubbish for 90 minutes. I’m afraid Ferdinand was once again a disappointment. Also United-no-wide-players = United-crap.

The rubbish sporting day continued when the Kelowna Rockets lost in a shoot-out after overtime to Vancouver Hawks. I tried to introduce old fashioned football chanting, but everyone was too family focussed to go with the violence and insults.

Prior to the hockey, we all got into a hot tub with champagne as the sun went down over the lake. Thanks Jane – pictures will appear later.

The ale theme continued on Sunday morning as Mark had planned a day of ‘wine-tasting’ in the Okanagen. Essentially, this involves getting drunk for free as long as you’ve got a driver. Ultimately, this means ‘thank-you’ to Kim as Mark and I eventually went to pub to watch the Simpsons while poor Kim did the shopping. When Kim joined us in the pub Simon was left to sleep in the car outside, a practice many may have thought had been abandoned in the 70s. Oliver had already been offloaded to neighbours and/or lodgers, needless to say.

The evening involved a lovely meal – more details to follow. Turns out the teachers’ strike is over, so the children may finally get some education. Unlikely – I suspect the grape harvest gets another two unwilling recruits in the morning.

This should elicit a comment from work!

It didn’t.



Tags:

4 Responses to “Hot Tubs, Hockey and Hooch”

  1. Susan Parry Says:

    Just seeing if I can do this, having just discovered this marvellous communication means and finally read your diary (as we old hand travellers like to call it). I’ll check if Mum and Dad are managing to keep themselves up to date, they were upgrading their ‘puter last I heard. As me Dad always says ‘if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well’ (Karl made that comment to Joe about Dad while doing a bit of DIY last night, he’s getting a bit cheeky). On the other hand, you might want to ‘write’ to them.

  2. JohnnyBoy Says:

    It’s OK, Sue I’m well aware of the need for the blood and parchment approach, having spoken to Mum Monday morning. Nice to hear from you. My email address still works…

  3. Posted from Canada Canada
  4. Aunty Mary Says:

    Very envious of you in Kelowna. Its gorgeous . Of all the places we saw that one stayed in our minds. Glad to see your staying sober

  5. Squatter Says:

    The link has been passed on to more people at work, who have all been asking about your trip, so look forward to more comments.
    Sue, fancy a pint now I am local.

  6. Elaine Says:

    Just seen the Alpaca sign – laughed out loud!

Leave a Reply