BootsnAll Travel Network



Love John Parry…

…is not a request, but the name of the founding father of Puerto Madryn.  As those that could be arsed to Google could have found out.  John – your most recent comment was prescient, to say the least.  LJP is my new A3 name.

Just fancy that!

IMG_0162.JPG     IMG_0160.JPG    IMG_0159.JPG    IMG_0172.JPG

As usual, better images at the Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28108075@N00/101358517/

Note to ART staff. Cath, who has started to appear on comments (and was my ‘travel agent’ in Southern Patagonia) is a Donny-dot-commer! Yes, she is almost as besotted as Kim. She wanted Puppy Love to be a song of the day, but I’m not willing to sanction such an extreme measure at this point.



Tags:

16 Responses to “Love John Parry…”

  1. Gillian Says:

    Hi there LJP, thought you still shot the Welsh in Chester? Reformed in old age?

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. JK Says:

    Hi LJP
    You may remember a banner that the dirties used to display on the Kop, when we trundled down the East Lancs each year to administer our annual humilaition on them at their midden. “Form is temporary.Class is permanent”.
    For once I agree with inmates of P*ss Mountain.
    As Smithy was being stretchered off the “world’s wittiest fans” (Jimmy Tarbuck 1965) chorused “John Arne Riise. I wanna know how you broke his leg” thus clearly displaying they indeed have no class. But hey!…don’t hold the front page.No shocks there eh?
    Puerto Madryn…very interesting.But talking of founding fathers can you see if you can get a pic or two of any tributes to the great Admiral William Brown, the founder of the Argentinian Navy.He came from Foxford Co. Mayo and we used to sing a song in his honour on ‘The Jungle’ in ’82. Of course, this was during the Malvinas War and it used to send the Bluenoses crazy.
    Have a good day!
    PS Looks like Graham Barrow is on his way back ! (so I’ve been told)

  4. Angelina Says:

    Gillian, we do. As freemen, we are able to shoot them, legally, with a bow and arrow, from the city wall, after dark (if they are trying to get in). We also get the Guildhall for weddings, for a tenner. This led to John (of John and Wendy) suggesting that we book the Guildhall for a tenner and get the Manic Street Preachers to play. The Guildhall is ideally placed just inside the City Wall and they could be finished off on their way into town; they wouldn’t even have to play.

  5. JK Says:

    HI LJP
    Latest rumours on Chester’s new manager
    The aforementioned Graham Barrow.(not a bad choice)
    Stan Ternnent (former Burnley manager-that would be good)
    Mark Wright (Former manager and Grand Wizard of the Ince Marshes KKK- not good).
    Any thoughts?
    PS Love this idea of booking the Guildhall to bump off irritating neighbours from the west of Offa’s Dyke.Can I start with Robbie Savage and that daft bint Sian Whatshername (she does the weather on ITV-badly).That would be a good day’s work!!

  6. Barry-the-sealion Says:

    John, I believe you met a friend of mine in Patagonia, Dave-the-Guanaco? We met on a training course in Punta Arenas last year “advanced posing for tourists” (NVQ level 2). If you’re up in Wales, maybe you’d say “Hi” to another mate of ours from the course; “Alan-the-penguin”. But please don’t give him alcohol, no matter how much he begs and flaps his wings. Things get a bit mad when Alan hits the picso. He dragged us along to a Thrash Metal club after dinner one night and, well, let’s just say he showed his true feathers that night…!

  7. Posted from Chile Chile
  8. Angelina Says:

    Is Pisco spanish for White Satin?

  9. admin Says:

    Ooh, you’re barking up the wrong tree there, Angelina…

    Yes, I know Dave the guanaco, very well. He’s a professional, but likes to skive off the moment he can get a crafty fag in. I’m unlikely to meet Alan as I steer clear of penguins these days since I ran into 80,000 of them on the south coast. Again, all professionals, but attention seekers every last one of them, even without the pisco. Sea lions such as your good self, Barry, are fine intil there are women involved – the language and violent behaviour I witnessed just the other day was nothing short of a disgrace. The moulting elepant seal cousins of yours were much better behaved. We also saw a group of Geordie female sealions. Shocking. You heading over to Easter Island?

    JK – difficult to judge options of here. Optimistic/Melancholy Mike is your man. But surely Derek Draper can be persuaded off his postman’s bike for one last stab at glory?

  10. Posted from Spain Spain
  11. Cousin Mick Says:

    Hi LJP, when you changed your name did you change your E:Mail address too. Tried to get a couple of messages off to you with photo’s but postmaster tells me they are delayed. I just know that in two days time he will tell me they failed. Send something over so i can check your address. Rumour has it Chester may put together a footy team to tempt a manager. Spurs drop another two points.

  12. Morosely Melnacholy Mike Says:

    It is an awful day for my beloved Blues. Wright is back in. He’s a wife beating racist who messes around with player’s girlfriends. A really nice bloke. I despair and I’m embarrased to have him in charge.
    To make matters worse, much worse, Vaughan (the gangster Chariman) is seriously threatening to move the entire Club to Widnes. The Council don’t back him you see, that’s because he doesn’t pay his rent the twisted Scouse shit (sorry mum).
    Question for anyone who cares to have a theory. Why isn’t life ever simple at Chester?

  13. Posted from United States United States
  14. rob and lena Says:

    Chester always build up your hopes and then crush them, usually in a really embarassing way. which is why most people have given up on them. we’re good in the conference tho!

  15. Matt the Spurs fan Says:

    Mr Love J Parry this is your travel agent in Buenos Aires just to confirm that I have purcahsed a ticket for you on the 10th March. We will be more than happy to meet you in a pub in Buenos Aires to exchange the tickets.

  16. Posted from Argentina Argentina
  17. admin Says:

    Nice one Matt. Expect to be in BA on 1st March – will be in touch once I’m settled into my beautiful apartment…

    Mike, in light of potential litigation, I assume you meant to refer to Mr Wright as ‘a colourful character’. JK’s comments should be read with a similar eye on any Ince Marsh solicitors.

    Mick, the email address still works but AOL has a ridiculous limit on sizes of pictures. Try reducing and they will get through…

  18. Posted from Spain Spain
  19. Morosely Melnacholy Mike Says:

    I have no bother about litigation elder cous. Litigation is something to fear only when you’re not telling the truth. Wright has never faced charges, he simple resigns never bothering to even try and clear his name. He has been censured by the FA (fat lot of good that did) for his racist abuse of a black referee. If he was in any other line of employment then he would have hauled over the coals long ago. The boys who run football like to preserve the status quo, it earns them a lof money.
    PS I don’t think Wright reads this blog that often anyway.

  20. Posted from United States United States
  21. Mark Wright Says:

    Alright, Martin, Mate. Just thought I’d drop in and see how you’re getting on and to let you know about my new job. Can’t stop on, got to get to my solicitor.

  22. Wayne Rooney Says:

    Hey John, just checkin up on the blogs of all known Manchester United fans, to check they are all doing well, heard about the predicament (long word for a lad From Croxteth i know, but i actually hold a masters in business and molecular physics, the public image is just to appease the football fraternity) down at Chester City, thought as our season finishes on sunday, i could come down and play the rest of the season at the Deva.
    kind of a gentle warm up for the World Cup, where i and the rest of the lads hope to take the trophy and then explore the architecture and cultural atmosphere of northern europe in july, stevie gerrard is a great fan of gothic architecture, he just loves a good cathedral!
    So if Mark can ring me, Colleen is usually home once the shops shut, or i’m available through the club,
    cheers,
    Wayne

  23. Kim Solly Says:

    Hi Martin,

    You poor love!!! Travelling to the other side of the world and you still come across a Donny fan…………

    What can I say. There are more of us out there than you realise.

    The Osmond Bros are over here in the UK for concerts Feb & March and I’ve managed to get dad to come with me to see them at the Apollo Hammersmith on 16th March. That’ll teach him to torment me. I’ll get my own back one way or t’other.

    Anyway, take care and have a great time.

    See ya soon

    Kim
    XXXX

Leave a Reply