BootsnAll Travel Network



Left Llangollen – Now in Prestatyn

Hopefully, this will be the last of the ‘Welsh’ posts, although I imagine Mike will feel the need to stretch it that bit further in his current state of mind.  (Although the Guildhall ‘bait’ idea seems to be gaining a currency of its own.)

Yes, indeed, sophisticated Puerto Madryn was four days of beautiful weather, excellent company and some superb food – so not like Llangollen at all really, but that was the comparison a bloke from Anglesey made when I said it was a bit like Rhyl (that exchange really happened).

Finally left for Las Grutas and a bit of non-hostel time in an apartment in the Prestatyn of Northern Patagonia.  Well, it is like Prestatyn except that there is no glass on the beach, or vomit in the gutters or unruly children in the streets.  Of course there are many children and they stay out to have dinner at 11pm.  (If you send your child to bed before 1am here it’s tantamount to abuse.)

However, after 2 days of sunshine and power cuts (luckily the Coco Bongo Pub has its own generator) and night storms, Las Grutas really has turned into Prestatyn, as today reveals filthy weather more like North Wales in winter, never mind summer.  Luckily, I’ve booked my usual 6 hour bus ride out of here for this afternoon.  Planning to crawl up the coast to Buenos Aires where I may have a flat and a phone number waiting (start researching cheap calls to Argentina).  However, I’m ready to cut and run should it get boring in the holiday spots.

Other than matters football, assuming all well with you all, Lots of Love and that.

PS – Sun just come out.  Can’t be Prestatyn at all…

Today’s song is in honour of the continent going Rolling Stones bonkers at the moment.  It’s Paint It Black by The Mo-Dettes.



Tags:

3 Responses to “Left Llangollen – Now in Prestatyn”

  1. Sister Angela Says:

    Is Mark Wright Welsh? Just a thought.

  2. Morosely Melancholy Mike Says:

    I expect some family support at this most emotional time for me….
    If you go into Menai, Martin, can you get one of those lovely knitted Welsh dolls to cover my toilet roll with. It’s just what the bathroom needs, don’t tell Ali though, it’s a birthday present.

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. Sister Angela Says:

    That WAS family support. I was offering to book the ‘hall.

  5. admin Says:

    Didn’t say I was on Anglesey, Mike. Keep up. Do you want some rock for the kids? Only I fly back via Sao Paulo and crack’s meant to be cheap there. Can’t wait to see you beaming on the front page of the Chron when ‘Wrighty’ earns promotion for City.

Leave a Reply