BootsnAll Travel Network



Leaving Peru

Had a long rambling post prepared, but it really needs a good edit, so here´s a quick update.

Machu Picchu involved the usual 5am start – a minimum requirement in South America. Tomorrow I´m up at 6 to go to Bolivia, so that´s a lie-in.

Train to MP amazing etc etc. Town of Aguas Calientes great. Chuffed to get a place with bathroom for a fiver a night. Only later did it become clear it was the railway station (they have two in a town of 1000 souls). You could say it was noisy.

Machu Picchu phenomenal, as you might expect. Up at 0630 to visit it. Cloudy first hour, then hot sun at 2500m. All glorious (the site, the eagles, the llama fight) apart from sunstroke and nasty insect bite. Neither too serious. Peruvian doctor was determined to give me an injection. I was against this idea. Turns out the anti-inflammatory cream was all that was needed, although my nose remains a shining beacon to the world.

Couple more days in Cusco – sort of recovering. Now in Puno after most fantastic railway journey in world. Original post wondered how many more experiences in one trip I could manage. Keep trying I suppose. Hope to get two weeks in one place in the nearish future – perhaps on the coast of Chile. However, I want to get involved with President Morales inauguration first, if that´s possible. Any tips scoured from the internet or elsewhere much appreciated (just discovered 22 Jan – couldn´t be better, but still need advice on parties, street demos etc.).

[Just found this – sounds like the one… “Additionally, there will be another, but this time more symbolic, ceremony. This ceremony will take place on the 21 of January and it will be in the town of Tiwanaku, El Altiplano. It will be here where Morales will be taking “real power”. He will be invested with a traditional altiplanic authority poncho (the highest there is), the authority staff and the whip. The whip is a symbol of punishment to those who do not behave in a communal way and disrupt the order. In other words, it seems he’ll be made king of the altiplano indians. It sure seems that way.”] I have an authority whip myself from my recent deification, you know.

Final note to the many contributors. I really appreciate your input. Thank you and keep up the good (although occasionally insulting) work. To those who visit (I can see you looking) and say nought – please join in. If my MP wants to leave a note when he gets evicted, so much the better. This is the way to connect with the interweb generation, George!



Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Leaving Peru”

  1. MikeyMikeyMikeMike Says:

    I know this isn’t an official Big Brother site, but there is a genuine interest in George Galloway and after last nights show, the more people who know about this man the better. He is one of the most loathsome creatures I have ever seen on a banal TV proramme. I am sure Martin is keen to keep abreast of his MPs antics. Last night he was a cat, purring,licking and generally making my skin crawl as he tried to wheedle into Mr Rula Lenska’s affections. It was hideous and horribly, compellingly watchable.
    Maybe Martin can get that Peruvian fella over to England as his new MP, after this show the next one will not be Gorgeous George.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. admin Says:

    As soon as I get invited to the ceremonial banquet for Mr Morales´inauguration, I will make it my priority.

    By the way – One comment in three days! A boy could get lonely… Or imagine that you all have lives or something.

  4. Posted from Bolivia Bolivia
  5. George Galloway Says:

    I have been taking a well earned break at my humble Portuguese residence just outside Wapping when I find that once again my good name is being traduced by neo-imperialist lickspittles. It appears that my identity has been stolen by a failed Oliver Hardy impersonator who, I can only assume, is in the pay of the CIA to make me appear ridiculous. Judging by what I have seen of this canker-brained buffoon he is doing a very good job in the face of some very stiff competition. The man is lower than all the worms of the Nile and his smug ego-ridden preening is stomach churning. I cannot get the fawning American apologists in the media to tell the truth but I know you will find it in your hearts to end this pathetic charade and vote out this imposter. I do understand that this filthy plot may have damaged my credibility so I am happy to put my continued leadership to a secret ballot of all Respect MPs as soon as this conspiracy is exposed.

  6. admin Says:

    Nice one George – but I can track you down via your IP address to check it really is you, you know…

  7. Posted from Bolivia Bolivia
  8. Gillian Says:

    Sorry about the comment deficit, too much work not enough play. Pity about the Rudolph nose and nasty bite. Hope things have improved but remember that shiny red noses can come in handy should you become lost in fog. What’s that about the “llama fight”? I envy you the MP experience and train journey.

  9. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply