BootsnAll Travel Network



Bye for a While

This blizzard of updates is about to cease. Getting on the train for 3 days in the morning and I suspect there’ll be no wi-fi there.

Been up the CN Tower today, along with everyone else, once the sun had come out. Pleased I did – poss pic to follow. The last time I had a gin martini in a tall building it was the World Trade Centre.

Some info on Canada (well, Toronto);

By law, all residents of Toronto must carry a cup with the words ‘Tim Horton’ on it, between 0830 and 0930 each morning – but only while on the street, public transport or in their homes or cars.

All of Toronto’s good places (and there are loads) are either up stairs or below ground. A bit like Soho, really.

All Canadian wine needs to be banned immediately. Sorry everyone.

Ontario’s laws on licensing make it virtually impossible to buy off sales – Rob, shouldn’t you have mentioned this? Shaun, you can never rely on a convenience store for 6 cans of Stella. Imagine that and have nightmares.

Right I’m off to electronic and radio silence (unless I miss the train). Unlikely to be able to keep up with the weekend’s footy or Eric Loves Me’s progress in the National Ffrett League. John, Ang, Shaun or Mike, I expect the code on Monday in my inbox. Although what interweb link I’ll be granted in the Rockies should be interesting. Might have to bribe a Mountie!

Tonight’s song – Leave the Capitol, The Fall (I know I’m not in Ottowa).

106 hours



Tags: ,

3 Responses to “Bye for a While”

  1. Fidel Castro Says:

    Im not going to Canada. Im also coming out in sympathy with the cigs. but obviously not the cigars.

  2. Col Says:

    I know you’re on holiday, but what’s going on when the song of the day has absolutely no connection with the previous day’s song. That’s just lazy.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Yes Col,

    But the song of the day will be linked to what’s happening either in my immediate environment or my head. That’s not lazy, that’s just rock’n’roll

  4. Posted from Canada Canada
  5. Angela Says:

    Dad, please stop logging on as Castro.

Leave a Reply