BootsnAll Travel Network



Brief Excerpt from Train Log

This is a slightly experimental post

Had a nice chat with Jay & Ruth, well travelled Yanks who dislike Bush and think that the Homeland Security bit is as bonkers as we do. Americans who have travelled tend to be a bit more discerning, I find.

Had a couple of G&Ts before bed and slept well. Moved back yet another hour (it’s quite hard to get up late in these conditions – in fact I’m determined to somehow manufacture a 25 hour lifestyle for myself). To take this point on further, I may have to recognise that the reorganisation of standard hours in the day may be difficult on a global basis. As such I intend to invent a new condition (like the good folks over in the ADHD industry). In fact just by mentioning it and publishing it on the internet, I can now prove it exists.

I’m torn between a short acronym for pithy reference in support groups or a longer one for gravitas in scientific journals. At the moment it’s either Extra Hour Syndrome (EHS) or Tardiness through Daily Deficient Hours Disorder (TDDHD).

Now my condition is recognised and exists I can tap into all sorts of resources to support me at work, and organise employment patterns to suit my disability. Back to this as I develop theories (with my new MSc still shiny out of the packet), and work out the most appropriate drug regime.

Today’s tune is Wishin’ and Hopin’ by Dusty



Tags:

No Responses to “Brief Excerpt from Train Log”

  1. Angela Says:

    After that post, you’ll be lucky to have a job to come back to. I think you might have L.A. Syndrome. Alexander’s got ADHD, he was naughty yesterday.

  2. admin Says:

    Wondered if sneaking one in out of synch would get a response. Happy to offer my expertise at family rates for your son with the syndrome.

  3. Posted from Canada Canada
  4. rob Says:

    i think i have that, cos i’m always getting distrac

Leave a Reply