BootsnAll Travel Network



A trip to Tayrona

Just got access and time to update anybody interested before heading back into the park.

After staying in a dump in Santa Marta (where I{m also staying tonight – bad idea Stine and Delia?) – got an early taxi out to the National Park. For some reason it took over 90 mins to get 30kms on the worst roads in the worst taxi in the world (although not as bad as Aida´s sand trucks). I now know it was so he could convince us it was worth 6 quid for the journey. And he never came to collect us today. Insert expletive here.

Still after a 45 minute walk through the jungle we appeared at Arrecifes beach. All too gorgeous for words etc. Look it up on a website. Stayed in a hammock for a quid (two bays along) – very comfy although it did rain and we didn´t have much sun. As Kierkgaard would have it – rent a hammock, regret it – don´t rent a hammock, regret it. Cheers and goodbye Stine.

Left my ADF t-shirt drying in the car park at the national park. Still, funny to think of someone wearing it around the Colombian Coast for the next while. Good bye to companions today. Time to start again. Just trying to decide whether to go for dive certificate. Will have 6 jungle days to think about. Looking more and more like the Amazon for Christmas and New Year.

No pictures at this point. Bye all till the next round of premiership games…



Tags:

No Responses to “A trip to Tayrona”

  1. Sister Susan Says:

    Don’t bother with those PADI dive certificates. You want the proper British Sub Aqua one or whatever it’s called. If you plan to take it up as a career on your return that is.

  2. jonesy Says:

    Theres some one in indonisia who became the proud owner of a Flamin’Groovies t-shirt a few years back.

Leave a Reply