BootsnAll Travel Network



Time to leave again…

As per usual, I get nervous before leaving a favoured (and comfortable) place. However, it’s probably exactly the right time for me to go.

The night of the candles was as you may imagine it, in that there were a lot of candles in windows and on balconies, etc. Unexpected was the number of caballeros who flooded the town. It was great and special and all those things you expect (but don’t rely on) when travelling to new places. At one point it was impossible to move down the street for the number of horses blocking it. The smell was memorable as I think most of the horses had not been to town before and were hence quite nervous.

Easier at this point just to drop in a couple of pictures, I think…

First picture would be horse – second is the lovely landlady of my local. I promise I’m not in Spain!

Final pic of the town is of the castle specifically built to upset the British in the 17th century. Plus ca change,,,

Outside chance of a post Sunday or Monday – otherwise this might be it for 10 days or so. Enjoy shopping for Crimble.

Last Routemaster bus travels today. Dennis gets kicked out of Commons again. He’s looking good.

Tonight’s song is Not Clean by Ghostigital. It’s just been released. If anyone can secure me a copy of this fantastic limited release track for my return I will be truly grateful. I guarantee a special Colombian present for the first persion that can confirm posession. It appears you may have to go into a shop.



Tags: , ,

One Response to “Time to leave again…”

  1. Phil - Juniour Cuz Says:

    Martin

    Thanks for the reminder of your web page – I have just spent 45 mins updating myself as to what you have been doing (What else is one to do on a Friday morning when it is wet, foggy, cold outside.)

    As usual you seem to meet people with ease. I would also like to suggest you cancel your wager on Man U winning the title. I will gladly take that bet as I am sure would millions of other sane people.

    Keep the web page going as it is surely worth publishing one day – I reckon at least 7 copies could be sold

    Take Care

  2. Sister Angelika Says:

    Conway Castle looks positively spectacular in that light.
    Where to next and does it involve kidnappers?

  3. admin Says:

    Cheers Phil – good to see someone’s keeping the economy going. There are some great snack ideas over here. I’ve been picking up the secret recipes. Will share them upon my return.

    Angela, we can never rule out the excitement of kidnappers – just pray they’re left wing rather than right guerrillas… Off to Tayrona National Park. Officially described to me yesterday as ‘very safe’. No computers though.

    Over and out.

  4. Posted from Colombia Colombia
  5. Angelina Says:

    Snowdonia National Park is full of TA blokes on operations. Don’t get taken.
    Question to all. Who will my son support in the England v Trinidad game? Will he be a plastic Trinny?

Leave a Reply