BootsnAll Travel Network



A bit more time to talk about fish

Suddenly in front of a PC again and feel the need to mention the fact that I generally have to have a whole fried fish on most days because of one complication or another. Often it´s a very big fish, but I´m always very full whatever the arrangement.

Tonight all events were surpassed when I was actually presented with two whole fish and no room on the plate for the salad (no rice) or the chips. Was pissed off as it means I´ll get charged for two instead of one and no amount of discussion could persuade him to take one away (I didn´t order two).

Anyway felt better when an urchin appeared requesting cash. I asked him in bad Spanish if he was hungry and eventually just gave him the spare fish. Out of bad things came good as he wolfed it down and was dead happy (it was a very good fish, as his mate commented when he shared it with him). So here´s to every cloud having a silver lining.

Genuinely gone now. Enjoy the run up to Crimble…

Back in a week



Tags:

5 Responses to “A bit more time to talk about fish”

  1. MikeyMikeyMikeMike Says:

    Were there any loaves with the fish? Were there a few more lads than you’re letting on? About 5,000 more? Who are your apostles? It’s Christmas time after all, I think we start the campaign for Papacy here and now. Was the urchin’s name Dodger and was he very Artful? Consider yourself at home Martin…well in Colwyn Bay anyway.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Angelina Says:

    I bet he was artfully swiping the wallet out of the back pocket, while the saviour was getting a warm feeling about the distribution of fish.
    You can be the Rock, Mike, with your resemblance to Great Uncle P, it’ll be easy to remember.

  4. Sister Angelika Says:

    Can I just say something unrelated? I feel that it is necessary. I spoke to Debbie last night and she told me that she couldn’t be bothered sorting her Christmas tree out. She is therefore planning to take the pikey measure of leaving it outside her front door. She says that she will “chuck some lights on it”. She seems to be hell bent on this course of action and I feel the need to go public in an attempt to shame her into stopping. I know she will be reading this…

  5. Blodwin Owens Says:

    Noswaith da folks, finally I’v been able to track Martina El Parrio down.It’s great to read some of your stories of far and wide travels!! and your still not smoking! I have to firstly apologise for my rubbish sober performance at the Chester catholic leaving party, that’s ziban for you! Martin you really should of just accompanied me to my job in Conwy, far more welsh there than patagonia!! and you could of learnt to dive off the shores of Angelesey!
    In response to the tree comment, yes I am now an official outed chav!! where’s my hoody and white sporty socks rolled over my trackies!! yippee to my new life!
    I’l be in contact soon and a very belated happy birthday to you Martin.Birthday hug and kiss on its way.x

  6. Sister Angelika Says:

    You were wearing them last time I saw you. It’s the uniform in North Wales, where you were born, isn’t it?

  7. Rob and Lena Says:

    bit of a footy update, united 3 wigan 0 so far, playing some lovely stuff, maybe we aren’t the worst team in the world after all……..

  8. Johnnyboy´s Back Says:

    I went for the papacy last time and that Nazi got it. As a baptised Catholic male I should have stood as much chance as anyone. It´s a swizz.

    Debbie, it´s hopefully Martino el Parrio. Good to see you are still alive. If I was a mad axeman from Wales you´d come and meet up with me in South America, chav uniform and all. There´s a bloke from Wrexham here anyway.

    Cheers for that Rob. I see we beat Villa also…

  9. Posted from Colombia Colombia

Leave a Reply