BootsnAll Travel Network



North on Highway 95

On February 28, we left Pompano Beach and headed up the 95 towards Jacksonville where we would spend a couple of nights with my mom taking care of administrative stuff, washing the car (it was starting to look rough) and our laundry. To break up the long drive on the 95, we stopped off in Palm Beach, another Florida town conceived by Henry Flagler. This town is really the haven for the rich (or more their hideout) as we hardly saw anybody in town behind the finely manicured hedges. We walked by the local mechanic who had a lot full of BMWs, Mercedes and Jaguars. These cars were more discrete than the ones we saw cruising South Beach in Miami, as I’m sure were their owners.

From Palm Beach, we were making good time until we passed Melbourne and traffic came to a halt. There were brush fires (pretty common during this time of the year – it’s the dry season) that caused the closure of the highway. We took advantage of our GPS to find a detour, but ended up adding a couple of hours to our journey. To cool off (from the slow traffic and the fire) we stopped for a delicious ice cream before making the last part of the drive. We got to Jacksonville where mom was waiting four us with dinner ready- yea mom!



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *