BootsnAll Travel Network



Brussels

Manakin Pis

I was walking down the street and saw what looked like some kind of rock club, but maybe for hardcore or metal or something, so I ventured inside and said hi to the first people I saw, who happened to be leaving.

The guy was ‘Mat-chew’ who was an MC from some smaller city in Belguim. He was pretty cool, young, about 21, and with some other chick that looked pretty nice. They took us to an underground hip hop / jazz / funk place that turned out to be really sweet.

It was in the basement portion of an apartement building but totally hooked up. A full bar, tables, chairs, red candles, a seperate room with a piano, speakers, sound equiptment, drum set, and a huge stand up bass.

It was an open jam session and anyone could get up and play or sing or do whatever they did. Mat-chew was going to spit some lines, and we got into a conversation on the way over about the fundamentalz of rap. of course i was on point with the old school 36 Chambers and what not, “nahm-sayin”. And his girl was more punk, so I just talked to her about Taking Back Sunday, who she had just seen for the first time the week before.

Anyway, the club was really sweet, met some cool people and found out that people have mad respect for Philly. So big up 2 philly and the Roots for representing globally.

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply