BootsnAll Travel Network



Lamming in Casablanca

I’m staying now in the Youth Hostel just outside the medina. Very cool vibe, met some interesting people from various places on various missions. Its always nice to sit in hostels and to talk to other people about where they’ve been and where they’re going and where they’re from. The hostel is on a square in a great area.

The food’s been mostly mal. Not much food is visually appealing but I suppose that’ll change once I start to know what I’m looking at.

Gheema seems to be the spice of choice here and you’ll get it in most dishes (even tea!). You’ll even get a small bowlful to use like we would use salt or pepper. The chips are good too and server with  small dollup of lekker mustard.

Last night a meal for two of tajine, some other dish, chips, bread and a litre water came to 43 dirham (about R25/$4.5)

Tajine is a type of dish prepared in shallow clay bowls and can have vegetables, meat eggs, etc. Good stuff!

Hardest part of this journey so far is still the toilets (but not in the hostel) and this messed up keyboards. Also will have to figure out a way to post photos because the internet cafes don’t make it easy.

In an hour, me and this Turkish girl from the hostel  are going for Friday Jumuah to the King Hassan Mosque (largest mosque outside Saudi Arabia, world tallest minaret).

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply