BootsnAll Travel Network



Here It Is

Okay, I’m not going to wait till the end of this post to wys yous the beweging because I want to surprise yous but I might just end up writing a longish post and forget about it. I mean, I get that way after all this travel when not doing any of this constructive stuff and what what….wait a minute, I’m almost forgetting to tell you! The thing is: [drums please] I’m at home in good ol’ Cape Town.

Yep, it’s the end of the road. What has occurred to me is that I am grateful for life’s capacity to surpise. Right till when I got on the Greyhound bus three days ago, I was being entertained, amazed and astounded. Titillating my tits off, so to speak. Durban has been jacking itself up since I was last there 4 years ago and Coffee Bay in the Eastern Cape was just gorgeous. (I just had to stop there because consistently the Wild Coast was being mentioned, by travellers who done the whole coast, as the most beautiful area in South Africa). Right up to the end I wanted to stay and travel and experience more.

Even on the fucken bus down – what does South Africa go and do? It snows! For three hours along the road there is snow covered hills and mountains. Of course, its only enough snow to wet the bottom of your shoes, but us South Africans whip out our cameras and want to stop the bus and traffic is chaos and the front page and email inboxes is filled with pictures. Yep, right till the end, this trip was special. Ag, let’s face it, life is special.

But I can’t deny reality too long and here I am in Cape Town wondering what the hell I’m going to do with this special life. Anyway, those of you who are here, please give me a call or email or something. 0824698568. I would be glad to meet up and catch up and talk kak. Those of you who are overseas, send me an email and you’ll go on the list for recipients of some individually selected words and photos.

My next post will probably be a longwinded summation on my travels and will probably be my last post. Kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn’t it? I suppose all dreamers have to wake up at some point, that’s the tragedy of life.

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply