BootsnAll Travel Network



Mi Casa su Casa

Okay, I’m in Casablanca fighting with these funny keyboards with letters all over the place.

Landed last night and got to Hotel Terminus with not too much hassle. 28 degrees, now that’s what I’m talking about! Seeing the city from the train it looks like a mix of poor and rich and much like other third world cities I’ve seen.

Woke up 5am this morning with a nosebleed and needing to take a dump. When I realised where I am, the dump started looking like a mission and a half. While I stopped the nosebleed I thought about it. First off, this hotel had those glorified holes in the ground toilets and I’m not finicky about most things but I do like to shit in comfort. Its just the way I am. Secondly, how the hell do you actually use those things?

Om kom vannie bom, it took me 2 minutes to kak and half an hour trying to figure out how to clean my ass. And this is with some diarrheaic American knocking on the door every 5 minutes. I would have shouted that there’s a toilet around the corner but some people take such advice as invitations to hold conversations. As much as I hate to hold conversations when I’m sitting comfortably taking a crap, imagine how I would have hated that crunched over as I was.

Spending this morning looking for another cheap hotel but with better toilets.

Impressions of Casablanca:

  • Nice
  • Not clean, not dirty
  • Can’t figure out traffic or roadsigns
  • Reminds me of downtown Rio
  • Easy to get around
  • Will spend some days here to check it out
  • The medina (market) looks ancient and fucking cool 

My cell number +21210758626, figuring out how to load credit at present.

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply