BootsnAll Travel Network



Random Thoughts

  • If I ever write a book on Morocco, I’ll call it: There are No Stray Dogs in Morocco
  • The most Moroccan I feel is when I blow snot out through my nose onto the ground when I walk up the alley after a surf from the beach to the joint (okay, unlike Moroccans this is the only place I do this and it’s probably sea water and I first check if there’s anyone around)
  • Someone should tell Moroccans that the moustache is out of fashion
  • You know the saying: ‘The best thing since sliced bread’? Morocco seems to have missed the whole sliced bread thing.
  • It’s lucky that Moroccans keep tables and tablecloths clean enough to eat off because they generally do.
  • Eighties love songs are still romantic here.
  • I always thought it logical that when making a cheeseburger that the cheese would be directly on top of the patty so that it can melt.
  • And come on already! Is fucking sit-down toilets so hard to install? What’s up with these constipation-inducing glorified holes-in-the-ground? I feel like I’m on candid camera everytime I go into place and open the door to one of these ridiculous things.
Tags: , ,



2 Responses to “Random Thoughts”

  1. Waleed Says:

    One day, Gamat was driving his Cortina down Voortrekker Road when he

    saw his bra Waanie driving a brand new M3.

    Gamat pulled up next to him with so a moerse smile that all his gold

    teeth showed.

    He asks :”Waanie my broe, where did you chise this vark BM, it look

    jass my broe!

    “Moena gave it to me” Waanie says.

    “She gave it to you! I knew that kin smaaked you, but a new vark M3???”

    “Jaa my broe, lemme wys you gou the nommer: We were driving on a

    gravel road, in the middle of nowhere.

    She parked the car, jumped out, took off all her clothes and shouted:

    “Waanie, take whatever you want’.

    ‘Kyk hie, I tjek mos “SALLLLUUUTE” so I took the car!

    “Jarrre Waanie, you mos k@k slim! Her clothes would mos never have

    fitted you!!!

  2. Waleed Says:

    That hole in the ground toilet would freak me out as well,, just getting down so low will surely give me cramp. I noticed that those toilets are very popular among the Indian peoples. At a bra’s house in Durban they actually went out of their way yo ebsure that one was built but they also had the usual seated one. They say it suppose to make relieving yourself easier. May but I’m too set in my way.
    I too would rather avoid them will rather go without than to go down low.

    You missing out on a lovely winter shower, this morning I had to dodge the rain puddles in my driveway in order to get to the car without having wet feet. It did certainly pour during the night. Roads where I live were completely flooded in some parts. All in all I love the rainy winter days,, lekker for soup ahhhh which reminds me I need to get a pot started I bought the soup greens at Fruit and Veg city yesterday just need to get the blade beef. Takes roughly about an hour to prepare.

    I’m not totally surprised about the Moroc Ous snot blowing skills. I’ve heard many stories but its digusting to mention here.

    Have fun

    Waleed

  3. Waleed Says:

    Ghaliedster,,,psst lekker Naweek ne en moenie stoute dinge aanvang nie.
    Just before tchaaila time.

Leave a Reply