BootsnAll Travel Network



French Twist

Turns out that “semaine” in French actually means weeks and not months. So somewhere along the line I got told I have a 3-month visa when I actually have a 3-week visa. So they won’t let me leave the country – ironic that I have to fight to leave the country when one of the reasons I want to leave the country is to stay longer. 

I was planning to write this post from Switzerland instead the flight ticket butted and I got sent to Casablanca to sort out the problem. So after 5 hours on a hot train yesterday, then sleeping on a hotel roof terrace because the hotel was full, sleeping on some chairs because the terrace couches were full, sleeping in snatches for 3 hours and missioning early to the airport, I had the pleasure of missioning around the hassle of Marrakesh, another 4-hour train ride, followed by a couple of more hour long train rides and visiting police stations and airports and talking to lots and lots of uniforms only to be told that I needed to come back Monday morning.

It was heartbreaking to be stopped at passport control and be denied. To be told that my ticket isn’t refundable. To have to go all the way back to Casablanca. To smile and stay positive. It was one hard fucken day that’s for sure.

But if these motherfsckers think they’re going to wear me down by sending me missioning around in the heat with my backpack from place to place, they got another thing coming. They’re going to run out of places to send me long before I run out of energy that’s for fucken sure.

Basically I figured out now that I need authorisation to leave the country and I also figured out that these mense have been sending me around for very little reason. But now I scheme I’m on the right track, but we’ll have to see Monday I suppose and then its the budgetting planning mission to see if Switzerland is still on.

I could mission to London or Mauritania (bet that’s the first time you ever heard of that country!) to renew my Moroccan visa because its cheaper and easier but I just don’t lus for London and there’s some brassesmaak to hook up with in Switzerland. Only now it looks like I’ll be limited to less cities. But I’m still here, finally showered, finally with some solid food in the belly, ready to face another day, ready to… ready to sleep actually. Mmm, sleep… ZZZ

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply