BootsnAll Travel Network



Island Style

sI’ve been running to the toilet a lot over the last couple of days but I’m over that now. I had something that didn’t agree with me that first day in Mehdia but I’ve been eating lots anyway because sometimes the guys pop over to the place I’m staying at and cook. Everyone cooks really well around here so I’ve had some fantastic food. Much better than at the cafes.

I rented a bed in this house but its crazy because they gave me a key and I’m alone there at night so its basically like my own spot. The house has rooms and beds to rent and is a chill out spot for clients and friends of the Mehdia Surf school though its off season for them now. Summer season (July, August) it gets really busy and the surf season is October to December. So there’s lots of surf movies and magazines and posters and everybody in and out during the day. I love it. I find it hard to believe I’m in Morocco sometimes, at times I feel like I’m on an island somewhere.

xI need to go to a music festival in the south next week but I wish I could chill out here more. I might come back after the summer depending on how plans go. For surfers I’m trying to get some info on the surf scene and put together an article for you ouens to make yous wys of this duidelike spot. We’ve been missing out. And I’m surfing in baggies.

I’ve managed to watch some football in the cafes along the beach. So far I’ve watched games with German, French and Arabic commentary. No chance of English. And I must be dreaming if I think I’m going to watch a rugby game anytime soon.

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply