BootsnAll Travel Network



The River


So here’s the river that flows from Kenitra next to Mehdia. Normally you surf along the couple of kilometres of beach to the left (where Mehdia Plage is, the beautiful barrelling right is just next to the left pier though) but when it gets too big (5 meters) you surf inside the river at the bottom left of this picture ) where it should be a perfect 2 meters.

Over the last couple of days the wind has been south, so apparently even though its onshore here, there should be perfect waves at Slimane. The problem is that you have to paddle across the river with the current trying to push you out and dodging the ships going to the sardine factories further upstream. Some people claim it’s a 6 minute paddle but later admit it’s about 20 minutes. I’ve rather been surfing the onshores, dodging fucking ships is not my idea of a good time.

Surfers are a nutty bunch and sure enough there’s fuckers who do this mission for waves. How they must feel paddling back I don’t know.

Tags: , ,



No Responses to “The River”

  1. Fallie Says:

    surfs up by the look of things. Gr8 pics bra. Hows the LOTM factor. (Lack Of Table Mountain ) . I found myself dreaming of it when I was a OVC. Bra , keep charging as only u can. Miss your irritating ass. FYI Crusaders won the Super 14! Kakalaki played against World 15 ( C Spencer , J Marshal , to name a few ) and the man scored 2 tries. Ps I ve also come out of retirement and playing 4 SKW. Keep your entries coming , they remind one of LIFE outside mundane routine and r thoroughly enjoayable. Salaam cuz ,much respect

  2. admin Says:

    Yoh stoked for Kakalaki ek se. Bokaap must’ve been abuzz.

Leave a Reply