BootsnAll Travel Network



Blue Yonder

Yessus I missed the ocean. Almost as much as hot showers. I got both today and I’m deliciously tired from it. The surf here is small and the wind picked up this afternoon but swell is expected!

I’m staying with the guys at Mehdia Surf School and they’re a cool bunch. Mehdia Plage is a little seaside town outside a little seaside town. Kenitra being the bigger neighbour has about 300 000 people. Mehdia Plage will surprise me if it has 10 000 people.

Anyway, surf here gets BIG (note the capital letters, that means really big, like gigantic and stuff) and I’m digging the surfer vibe so I’m gonna chill for while here. There’s only one internet cafe here (which is kak unusual for Morocco) so don’t expect much updates.

Getting here was a bit of a mission since all I had was an address that I though was i Kenitra. So I had to mission at night to here to find that the hostel almost no one knows about was closed. Luckily one of the 10 guys along the way who helped me turned out to be (beside the bodyboard/speedbump champion of Morocco) quite helpful. He works at the surf school and got his boss out of bed to rent me a place to sleep.

I think I’m going to have a siesta and then another hot shower. Ya, that sounds good right now.

Tags: ,



7 Responses to “Blue Yonder”

  1. mierkat Says:

    waaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!:)
    haaaaaaahahahahahahaha…….tchaaaaarge gazi!!!!:)

  2. Waleed Says:

    Salaam GW you adventure seekr.

    Got your blog from Shaheen P, he told me that you were somewhere in Morroco teaching English – OMG Do they know that you can’t even speak english – : )

    I must add that I’m not surprised that you left your stuffy office job at PNP for something fresh in Morocco. I don’t blame you. Have you manged to find work there yet? Any idea where to next from Morocco,, it must be balas benoud there ne.

    Anyway, just wanted to say howzit and wish you a safe journey And Hey just leave the sheep alone dessert nights can be very lonely! Waleed (ex colleague)

  3. Waleed Says:

    Ma Asalaama – Who is Mierkat??,, am I suppose to know you. Ag anyway it doesn’t matter. Forgive me if I don;t respond timeously as I’m out of the office far too much for my liking but what can I do – Some poor @ssshole must keep the lights burning and cupboards well stocked! Did i leave out the mrs well *#)*& as well?? Oh just add that in there too heee!

    Hey so Whats Morocco like dude and why there of all places??

    You obvouisly know you can’t invite Gham there ne because they’ll mess up your tent, mess around with the sheep and leave behind a bad smell and give us a bad name.
    (Or is it camels I’m not to sure these days) ok I’ll leave now.

  4. Paul Overmeyer Says:

    Yo GW

    Hope you enjoying your journey and finding the good herbs,How’s the food on the other side and what do you do at night? Do they have tv and cable tv “dstv”? of all the pictures I’ve seen , not one tv in sight.
    What’s night life like.are you following the world cup?I see Waleed is writting and he smaak for the sheep or camel, he kannie sy mind op maak nie.Jas bra.

    Sien yo.
    Paul

  5. Waleed Says:

    Aweh Paul what kine bru?? Shees what you do with your camels and sheep is not my business. I cannot be held responsible jinne.

    Otherwise??? Hows things back at your kraal at wrk? Say howzit to the guys from me.

    PS: What herbs are you talking about? Ek gaan jou pa se.

  6. Carol Says:

    Waleed – send me an email for goodness sake and tell me where you are!!!!
    Leave G alone – at least he gets to travel the world and see stuff (not just sheep and camels) take care C.

  7. Waleed Says:

    OMG I was just speaking of you (Carol) last night!!! How are you sweetie pie???
    I’m still alive and getting to grips with my new life outside PNP. It has been very hard to adjust but at least there is much more freedom.

    Heading off to Sutherland tomorrow with the family. For a while now I felt like heading out into our “Outback” just to get away from it all. It was tough finding accommodation but I eventually managed to find something.

    This becoming a regular meeting place for PNP people. I’ve heard much of the office etc etc. Whats your take on it?

    Ok Ok I will stop picking on the very quiet GW who is obviously too busy having a good time in Morocco. I’m turning green again.

    Will mail you soon –

    Waleed

Leave a Reply