BootsnAll Travel Network



WHY: Once Upon A Time

Sunset on the Pacific Ocean

My name is Adam. I have been living and traveling on this planet for twenty five years, yet haven’t seen nearly enough of it. So I have made the decision to sell almost everything I own and wander the earth for an indefinite period of time… six months, a year, perhaps for the rest of my days.

All I know is that I may never again have the chance to experience what else exists on this great planet we live on. Before commitments, old age or death snatches the opportunity, I must pursue this yearning to learn. I need to live through anything that I’ve been sheltered from in American corporate society.

Fear, Intrigue, Risk, Serenity, Isolation, Camaraderie, Unfamiliar Culture, and Curious Similarity. I look forward to all of this. I crave new adventures; finding myself out of my element and forced to stay alert. I desire introspection; the kind which can only be offered in a secluded cove or on a remote mountain vista. I can only begin to speculate on the extreme contrast of stimulation and tranquility that will cross my path.

I will do my best to document my travels, and hope that you will take pleasure in living it vicariously through me.



Tags: ,

One response to “WHY: Once Upon A Time”

  1. Steve Raymond says:

    Hey, Adam –
    My name is Steve; a fellow Traveller
    (53; married w/ 2 college kids; West Coast) I stumbled-across your BLOG tonight, on BootsnAll, and just wanted to say that I’ve ‘bookmarked’ you . . . because I liked the ‘tone’ of your Diary. ‘ Good luck /
    Bon Voyage ‘ . . . inspirational . . .
    When I was your age, I impregnated a foxey young female (who’s still my wife),
    twice; now 25 years later, I’m finally an Empty Nester, free again … and I am VERY excited to resume travelling (further down into Mexico and Central America, next) this Winter.
    Good luck selling your house (the sale of my investment-property-rental-house is due to close escrow on October 11th, when I will receive a $50,000 downpayment/travel-budget). My advice: drop your price, if you have to; to get the hell ON YOUR WAY . . .
    (My Realtor appraised our property at $345K
    last April — we listed for $325 — dropped to $310K; then to $299K — accepted an offer for $290K mid-September).
    LOTS of people are feeling the way that you’ve expressed . . . according to my internet-ramblings; ‘lighten-up’ … ‘go mobile’…

    “There is a Potential-Adam
    waking up in [the Cook Islands] this morning.” (his life … “is better than yours;
    damn-right, it’s better than yours” ~ Pink)

    Travel on.
    Steve

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *