BootsnAll Travel Network



WHERE: Initial Itinerary

I got stabbed in the arm three times today. My skin will be punctured twice more on Monday, and thrice more in few weeks. Over the course of the last month I’ve already had six new holes put in me. Blood tests and Vaccinations; I could leave without them and probably have a crazy story about how I nearly died of yellow fever… but I’m sure enough adventure is imminent that I’d rather avoid releasing the contents of my stomach violently while simultaneously bleeding from the other end.

Alas, I’m making all the final preparations for being a global citizen and these are necessary steps. I’ve already purchased my pack and started to gather supplies. It’s pretty exciting for me to be shopping for new toys and my ”new home” for the next couple of years. However, the details of that would probably bore you to tears…. I’m sure you’d rather hear about where I’ll be going and what I’ll be doing on this trip, so here it goes:

Around November 15th, 2006 I will fly out of Philadelphia and land some 24 hours later on the island of Ibiza, Spain. This island is renown for its world class DJs and non-stop partying. It’s been at least five years since I stopped DJing, but I figure there’s no better way to kick off this journey than a week worth of excessive merriment!!

Map of Ibiza

There I will meet with a friend of mine from home, Melissa, who has been traveling Europe for the last couple months and will be WOOFing on the island next to Ibiza, Mallorca. We will spend the next month or two exploring Italy and the Greek Islands before parting ways. She’s heading north, while I plan to head south to spend a couple weeks in Egypt and Jordan.

After I’ve had my fill of pleasure from pyramids and Petra I will purchase a plane ticket to India and spend the next few months there. By them time the winter breaks I would like to head north through Nepal into China. I’ve found a few martial arts academies where I may train for a few months learning kung fu from Shao Lin protection monks: Siping City Shao Lin Martial Arts Academy and the International Kung Fu Training Center are two potentials.

I’d then love to head to Japan and doing some WOOFing of my own until the end of summer, before heading south through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia to Thailand and Indonesia. I’ll start to look in this region for a yacht to help crew towards Australia and New Zeland for their summer. Yes, I can take the heat… in fact I’m looking forward to it and have made this rough itinerary with the intention of being on the warmer hemisphere of the earth during each winter!

From New Zeland I would like to fly or sail over to Santiago, Chile with a stop over on Easter Island and maybe Tahiti. After exploring South America; from the Rainforests to the ancient ruins (and possibly Antarctica if I can find cheap enough passage) I’ll slowly make my way back up the Americas until I reach the USA…. Ah… the end of the trip???

Hahaha… No! Why stop here? After spending a couple months traveling the US and Caribbean islands (hopefully crewing more yachts) I will find a way back to Europe and North Africa to spend a few months before making the long way home through Russia.

As comprehensive and ideal this plan may be… I really hope that a rather strong wind comes along and blows me in a different unexpected direction. I mean that as a metaphor of course; I really don’t want to drown at sea or anything like that =P

I’ll have more details about what I hope to see and do on this journey, along with any juicy preparation anecdotes I come across.

    Countdown Until Departure: 31 Days!!!




Tags: , ,

-513 responses to “WHERE: Initial Itinerary”

  1. -Ryan- says:

    great idea about crewing…they´re going to put u to work on the farms though hahahaha…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *