BootsnAll Travel Network



The RV – New York to Washington DC and beyond

So we fetched the RV on Saturday the 13th.  Great stuff, I hear you say.  Well that’s what we thought until we attempted to leave Long Island and get into New Jersey.  We have never encountered worse roads, worse traffic, highways that you get stuck on.  We got given directions to get to the Verizano Bridge to cross from LI to NJ.  The cab driver who gave them to us forget to mention that the main road we were to use was for vehicles no higher than 10ft.  Our RV measures up at 12ft – it was a hair-raising Griswaldish (National Lampoons Vacation) experience.  But we survived.

We have since got used to the RV – it’s fairly spacious and we are comfy and more importantly so are the kids.  Well they were until…

Caelan developed Chicken Pox!!!  Tate is just coming down with it and Torien has never had it, so will in all likelihood get it too.  Poor old Cael spent his 5th birthday miserable as sin, covered in a zillion blisters and trying his best to put on a brave face.

We are still having a great time though.  We visited Washington DC, and today have driven to the more westerly part of Virginia (Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive) – it’s an absolutely stunning part of the world and what’s more, the camp we are staying in has WIFI :-).

Everything is good, although the kids are ill, we are handling things just fine.  The park we are staying in for the next few days is breathtakingly beautiful.

The end-of-day Budweiser has been a little more appreciated than usual over the past few days but I wouldn’t trade this experience for the world.

Signing off for now.

Stellx

 

Tags: ,



One Response to “The RV – New York to Washington DC and beyond”

  1. Linda McP Says:

    Oh No…. sorry to hear about the chicken pox. I hope that all will be well – try calamine lotion or something for the itch. I sincerely hope that Torien does not get it too. Who is is gonna drive the RV then? Sick or not I’m still jealous. Here life is same old same old. Linky says Hi. At least the Cape Food Festival was fun on Saturday. Hope that you guys have a wonderful time regardless. Loads of luv – Linda & Colin.

Leave a Reply