BootsnAll Travel Network



Thailand – the coup, the new airport and onto Malaysia

We arrived in Thailand and transferred straight away to our resort (www.rabbitresort.com) in Pattaya.  Fabulous, fabulous resort.  The staff were amazing, the food was wonderful and the accomodation nothing short of divine – imagine our very own bedrooms.

Such a pity that Pattaya is such a dump.  Prostitution, girl-men, men-men, men-girl/men, you name it, you can find it in Pattaya.  This meant that the children couldn’t leave the resort but we were so tired after China we weren’t much bothered.  There is a Tesco in Pattaya, we were in heaven.

On our 3rd night there, the phone rings at 1am.  It’s my dad – he says to me “are you all alright”, I ask why.  “There’s been a military coup” he says.  I can tell you I did feel pretty frightened but in true Thai Style, even the coup was conducted with a smile.

Rabbit Resort is a gem – it’s manager Windy and Noot the childminder became good friends and we hope to keep in touch.

We spent four days in Bangkok – we stayed in Sukhumvit but spent some time investigating old haunts and catching up with one of Torien’s old mates from the UK.

On the 26th September we flew to Kuala Lumpur (we were some of the first passengers to use the US$4bn airport iin Bangkok – its pretty amazing).  KL is a lovely city but to us it’s just another city – we’ve seen so many.

Our trip will be over in just under a month.  I can’t believe it.  Although I will be happy in many ways to return to a normal existence, I imagine I will feel truly bereft.

This trip has been a magical experience.

Tags: ,



One Response to “Thailand – the coup, the new airport and onto Malaysia”

  1. rebecca leigh Says:

    glad to hear that you’re still having a wonderful time. Enjoy those last few days

    Rebecca

Leave a Reply