BootsnAll Travel Network



New Zealand is over :-(…. tomorrow we fly to Australia

Another month has flown by.  We had no preconceived ideas about New Zealand before we got here (well maybe a few about sheep 😉 but we leave with a wholly impressed perspective about this great country.

In my last entry I said that I thought New Zealand would be too remote for us, but since then we have visited Christchurch.  If it were practical this would be a great place to grow old. For those of you who have not been to Christchurch it’s a wonderful mix of ethnic New Zealand and old English Charm.  The town has everything one could need – believe me the nightlife and club scene is thriving, at least it was three storeys below our apartment on Saturday night.

Skiing was a highlight – Caelan loved it and was completely finished after 2 days after skiing school.  Tate picked up the obligatory nursery school cold after spending two days in the nursery, which is a bit of a bummer but to be expected in the winter months.  We decided on Cardrona as it has a good reputation for beginner slopes (www.cardrona.com) and we were not disappointed.  The lessons were good and there were plenty of them and it wasn’t too expensive.

Without a doubt the highlight of our trip was the Cessna flight over the Southern Alps from Wanaka to Milford Sound.  It was breathtaking – the weather in the Sound was absolutely perfect (cold though) and the kids loved the experience of flying in a very, very, very little aircraft.

New Zealand is such a beautiful country, we’ll miss it so much.

Tomorrow we fly to Melbourne.  I’ll update from there.

Love

Stell & the Boys

x

Tags: ,



Leave a Reply