BootsnAll Travel Network



Settling into London

The Dad is back, finally…

It is late Saturday afternoon, week one is grinding to an end; I am struggling to keep from blinking, afraid that we will be back at our front door and our dream trip has ended. Already I find my thoughts turning to, “how’s” and “why’s”; will we fit back into a daily routine along with all those other souls that wonder about aimlessly in the dark, ignorant to the world around them.
We have just arrived back from Orpington, Maida Vale (North London) is cold and the rain has just started to fall, Tate has just fallen asleep in his buggy, strapped to the top of his car seat; cowboy blanket in hand and my now rather sodden NY cap over his head. It has just hit me that I am truly happy, relaxed and taking all that life has to offer me in stride. Neither rain nor moaning, moping children could dampen my spirits, how far I have come in so short a period of time. I think that my enthusiasm is highlighted by the fact that we are so close to being on the road, just the four of us. London has been a home coming in many ways and has left me with a lot to ponder, I have missed the smell of the Lush shops, the taste of a 1000 chocolates; I have missed being me.
Stella is taking it all in her stride, don’t confuse confidence with busy, for it has been that, the boys have been hard work, it has been hard on them, Caelan is already making the adjustment to the road, although unsure of the roads to travel he is taking it in little steps; Tate doesn’t quite know what to make of it all, but both boys are just happy to have Mum and Dad by their side.
Tomorrow is another day, but for us it is off to New York the city that never sleeps… lets hope that we can sneak in a couple of hours…

Tags: ,



Leave a Reply