BootsnAll Travel Network



New York – Day 7 & 8

Day 7

And a very tiring day it has been, but we are finally here, The Big Apple…Hee Ha
We couldn’t have had a better day, we were up from 5am and you are probably wondering why that is fine, well we got packed up, fed the boys brushed their teeth; inevitably leaving something behind, this time it was our toothbrushes. Nonetheless the boys got to say goodbye to their friends, I think that both boys found life long friends in Taybah, Reem and A’lyah who has turned into the most wonderful young lady, with a golf swing that I envy not having.
The taxi driver rang the bell as we were heading downstairs, if I had any doubts that this was going to be a good day that put that to rest. After we had gotten our now already bulging bags into the taxi we were off to Paddington station where we took the express train to Heathrow, hmmm… there was something scratching at the back of my mind…’when were the wheels going to fall off’, it had to be the train, no? We all know that London trains have a reputation of never being on time, it was either going to be the tried and trusted, ‘there are leaves on the track’ or the usual ‘there is a train stopped in front of us’ well neither of these came booming over the intercom, in fact I was almost surprised that the train driver never got out of his cab to wish us on our way.
 So what next, Ah, the flight, well it was the furthest docking bay in the entire terminal 4, you know it is far when there is a sign saying, ‘please allow 20 minutes to get to platform 24’, but this didn’t bother me, in fact on a day like this nothing was going to bother me, the boys were angels, although we had to clip their horns every now and then. To cut a long story short, the next minute I find myself with Tate asleep in his backpack, Caelan passed out in Tate’s buggy and Stella and I enjoying a walk down Broadway…even the customs officials at JFK were fantastic, taking time out to coo at our lovely children…
 
It is amazing that when you begin to stress out, everything conspires against you, from the toast being burned to stubbing your toe; it is all going to happen… There is a lesson here, but I will let you draw your own conclusions.
 Day 8
 
Tick Toc
 It is lunchtime on our fist morning in New York, another early morning loomed; we were up from 5.30 this morning, to a rather dull day outside. We are staying in the WooGo hotel on W65th street, a couple of blocks from Central Park, where we have spent our morning. Both Stella and I have agreed with the boys that the mornings were theirs and that the afternoons would be set aside to see the sights. Well the morning has worked out well; we even took in the children’s Zoo, although I had to sell it as the zoo in ‘Madagascar’ the movie. Well that worked, by association, the boys had a ball, even Stella and I have found something new, ever heard of a “Red Panda bear”, well they say they have everything in New York, now I believe them.
 
 

Tags: ,



Leave a Reply