BootsnAll Travel Network



Canyons, Bright Lights and Theme Parks, Weeks 5 & 6 USA

I have seen the Grand Canyon. It is truly one of the most incredible things I have ever seen, words cannot describe the beauty and scale of this place. I am not religious but if anything were to convince me of a higher power it would be the sight of the Grand Canyon at sunset. We stayed overnight in the Grand Canyon national park which was absolutely wonderful. I think the kids were pretty underwhelmed with the entire experience (Caelan just didn’t get the fascination with a bunch of rocks and kept asking where the nearest pool was, Tate just kept to himself and behaved like a star, as usual). Nonetheless they were rewarded with the incredible Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas a few days later. Complete with Wave Pool, Lazy River and real beach (www.mandalaybay.com). We decided to treat ourselves to a real hotel, parked up the RV in the hotel carpark and took advantage of the luxury of this gorgeous hotel. We ate in the Rainforest Cafe in the MGM Grand but sadly did not waste one penny on the slots or gambling (the joys of having two kids in tow).

Since then Torien drove the final leg of our Roadtrip to Los Angeles. Leaving the RV was really sad for us. The old girl did a fine job, the total mileage was….. wait for it… 5700 miles (nearly 9000 km’s for those of you in SA). We picked up our teeeeensy hire car and made our way to Disneyland.

Caelan has had a ball – he went on his first proper rollercoaster. That kid is brave, I was pretty nervous and he was cool as a cucumber on the California Screaming Coaster.

Tomorrow we are off to Seaworld and the next day to Universal Studios. Then we are off to Fiji on the 15th, our resort is all booked (www.octopusresort.com) as is the babysitter when we arrive. We will have a blissful 2 or 3 hours a day to ourselves in Fiji when the experienced babysitter will take care of their every need. Fantastic!

Both kids are now entirely chicken pox free. It seems like a lifetime ago that Caelan started getting spotty in Washington DC.

See you all soon
Love
Stella, Torien, Caelan and Tate
xxxxxx

Tags: ,



One Response to “Canyons, Bright Lights and Theme Parks, Weeks 5 & 6 USA”

  1. chicagomum (mumsnet) Says:

    Hi Dejags,

    Sounds like you are all having a fab time (minus the chickenpox). Hope it all continues to be as enjoyable, and look forward to reading further installments. Take care

    Lisa xxxx

Leave a Reply