BootsnAll Travel Network



If it’s not Scottish…It’s Crap!

Greetings from Scotland. I’d have to tell you that this past week in Scotland was a nice break and gave me the ability to catch up on a little sleep and rediscover the magical world of television. I’m staying with my friend Kevin who I met back in the states about 7 years ago working at a summer camp. Since we last saw each other Kevin has now a beautiful wife and is a dad to two young lads. Lucas, his oldest son at about 2 and a half is getting potty trained. They have a little potty in the living room and when he needs to go he tells them and they sit him right down to do his business. I suggested we all get potty’s so that we can drop turds at the same time but we then agree it would not be the best idea. His youngest Calad is only 6 months but he spends his days sleeping, screaming about nothing or crying because he’s hungry, what a life. Kevin owns a house in a small community just south of Aberdeen called Cove Bay. I forgot how nice it was to be in a house with a kitchen, water pressure, hot water, and satellite television. I’ve honestly spent the week watching, Everybody Love Raymond, Scrubs, Frasier, Cheers and any descent movie that is on. Isn’t that exciting? I will admit the week has been nice but i’m now getting the itch to go and do some things or someone…did i really just say that?

I will most likely be in Scotland for another week and a half. I’m next heading down to Manchester England to visit a few folks i’ve met along the way before finishing off the month down in London. Now I need your help. I’m going to give you all the opportunity to live vicariously through me for the next two months, or at least until my trip ends sometime in December.

I need a little help on where exactly to go in Europe. It’s quite a huge place with tons of different countries. Where would you go? What would you do? Perhaps I could brush up on my spanish and run with the bulls in Pamplona? How about climbing the Eifel Tower and spending my days wandering around Paris? I could sail the Greek Isles? I could go to Euro Disney…please don’t anyone suggest that one, it was a joke. What about tasting every beer possible that Germany has to offer? Maybe drinking a bottle of fine italian wine while sitting on a Gondola in Venice? I want to hear from you. Keep in mind i’m still on a budget but due to the cheap flights around Europe I can pretty much go anywhere I want, whenever I want so i’d love to have your input and hopefully make a decision in the next week or so. I look forward to hearing from you soon.



Tags: , ,

16 responses to “If it’s not Scottish…It’s Crap!”

  1. Anne says:

    Go to France. Brittany in the north west (you can fly to Nantes, Dinard, Brest or take the ferry to St Malo). You should go to south France as well. Try the Ile de Porquerolles near the presqu’ile de Giens. Also, you have to go to portugal in the Algarves. One of the most beautiful and pure places i have ever seen. There are quite a few low cost carrier: easyjet, ryanair, bmibaby…Hope this helps.

  2. Josh says:

    I say you HEAD over to a futbol game, preferably France vs. Italy, BUT don’t lose your HEAD in all the excitement!

    Go to L’Ouvre so the most amazing art work in the world…cop a feel on Mona Lisa, or the statue of David which ever you prefer…

    Greek Isles – take some pictures of Santorini for me…

    Monanco! That place would be pretty nice…all those beaches and hot women and speedo’d men…

  3. Chris says:

    Brian-

    I’m with Josh. You may never get a chance to go to Greece again. Fly into Athens — 36 hours there is enough to see the sights — and then head to the islands. The ferries are cheap, but unreliable. The inter-island flights aren’t too expensive, and if memory serves, you can cash in any unused tickets if the weather allows you to ferry. Tons of islands — we did Crete, Santorini and Paros. Spain sounds great too.

    Take care.

    -Chris

  4. Kev says:

    I don’t care where you go, just get the hell outta my house!

  5. The Angry Inch says:

    I say don’t go to all the typical places (Spain Germany Italy France)…go to Holland or Norway…or maybe even the Azores.

  6. Your Brother Tom says:

    go to that place in slovakia where the based that movie hostel on

  7. Jeff says:

    Bri,

    Here are some suggestions:

    Transylvania, Romania. Have a late dinner with Dracula. Bring extra napkins.

    The Gaza Strip. A gentleman’s club in Amsterdam or a contentious piece of land in Palestine?

    Speaking of Amsterdam – “What happens in Amsterdam, stays in Amsterdam” (PS: throw some penicillin and some smelling salts in your overnight case.)

    Sweden. Why skip out on the chance to say, “Swizzel sticks from Sweden, yah” in the country of origin?

    Nice, France. The home of the original “banana hammock.” Don’t worry if yours is baggy – you’re Irish.

  8. Nate says:

    I say you go to Holland and put your finger in a Dyke

  9. Arnold A.K.A The Govenator says:

    Listen to me you puny little weakling…When I flex the ocean becomes a bead of sweat on my arm. To me the choice seems quite obvious on where you need to go. My home country of Austria should be your first stop without question. I look after the people of California and the people of Austria will certainly look after you.

  10. Your Irish Mothers says:

    Of course you will go to Ireland. I am almost out of my favorite cologne, Innis Free, and it will be cheaper for you to buy it there than for me to send away for it. I would definitely go see Anna in sweden. As much as I am not a fan of the French, Provence seems like a nice place to visit. I also think parts of Italy would be beautiful to see. Don’t spend too much time in London. That will probably be boring.

  11. Anna says:

    I agree with the irish mother 🙂 on both Ireland an me, Ireland is very nice…

    one tip is that it’s autumn in Europe and that can mean, perticulary in the north parts, rain and storm and snow, but it can also mean sun, yellowish and redish leafs and a nice autumny breeze, the point is, don’t plan to much things that are weahter-dependent, or at least embrace the swedish expresion, There are no bed weather, only bad clothes…

    The gondolas in Venice are cool, and Amsterdam too I think, (or you can come over to amsterdam next year with me, bob and andy) also Prague is nice and Scandinavia of course, particulary Sweden then of course…

    If you are interested in warhistory there are some cool ww2 sights to see.

    Take care!
    Love
    Anna

  12. Brian,

    I will email you all the news form back home but as you know the Roaster and the rest of the Tigers made Saturday night around here a happy time. Good bye Yankees. So 70 million dollars bought them an AL East title and four more games in October. HAHAHAHA.

    I would say go to Sweden and see that Anna chic, sounds like she’s devoted to the Gagnon cause- reward the girl by gracing her home land.

    I would say hit Ireladn and stay out of Dublin. Do the ring of Kerry. See where I got engaged. Dingle is nice and so are the berries there.

    I would also say F the French. Go somewhere else. canary Islands are nice and I guess pretty cheap once your in Europe.

    Just some thoughts.

    Out.

    -Mark

  13. Alice - the sister you never had! says:

    OK….so these are my suggestions:

    Make your Catholic mother proud and go to Vatican City…. get her a Rosary and some prayer cards. Maybe hit up some holy cities around there…I am sure there are plenty.

    Make me proud and jealous and hit up Amsterdam…. 🙂

    Make Eric proud and hit up some Red Light District establishments with the “ladies of the night” and make sure your twig and berries are still working. (sorry…had to be tackY)

    BUT seriously…. hit up all the major cities…do a world wind trip. Paris, Madrid, Florence, beach cities where all the beautiful people are…. Greece, Monaco, Ireland and just make sure you get all the major places…..you will enjoy seeing the places you only see in magazines….

    LOVE YOU BOO BOO!!!

  14. We F*CKED UP UGA just like you wanted!! says:

    How about them VOLS, back in the top 10 in the country. How about you go to Knoxville, TN (Europe) to watch REAL FOOTBALL?!?!?!?!

    Ok, I know that is a little different from what everyone else says, but it is much better than cable TV that you just rediscovered!

    Spain – Run with the Bulls – get on ESPN DePortes!

    France- Eiffel Tower (I will be doing the same thing tomorrow in LAS VEGAS) I never had an urge to visit Paris, but the pictures look cool.

    Italy – the canals look cool

    Greece – that would be higher on my list to see the Parthenon (I see that in Nashville at the park) and visit the islands around it.

    Switzerland – Nice Peaks if you know what I mean

    Amsterdam – FOR SURE!!

    Germany – for the beer and catch some soccer somewhere.

    Yugoslavia – visit the plant that made the car a few decades ago called the YUGO.

    SWEDEN – the bikini team….gotta see that in person

    You have some nice options there….Tiffs dad took a train that went about 200 mph from london to paris a couple weeks ago, that sounds fun!

    I am off to Vegas!!!

  15. Free porn clips.

    Free porn clips. Free porn video clips. Free homemade porn clips.

  16. animesubbed says:

    Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I’m very glad to see such magnificent info being shared freely out there.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *