BootsnAll Travel Network



Hungary for More!

From Vienna I hoped on the bus and headed about 3 hours east to the city of Budapest in Hungary. For those that don’t know…Budapest is where they invented the game Hungry, Hungry Hippos…although they used to spell it Hungary with the A. Back a long time ago they used to have Hippos in the Danube river which runs right the heart of the city. Many people used to die trying to cross the river because they would get eaten by the Hippos. Now the hippos are obviously extinct but the game lives on in the living rooms of children all over the world.

I usually have a good feel for a city right when I enter and I had good feelings about Budapest. It is a good mix of eastern and western Europe. Old churches and statues line the city streets, a great walking city. Budapest is also famous for it’s baths. They have natural hot spring baths all ove the city. Yesterday me and a group of friends went to one. Basically it cost about 12 dollars to use the facilities for about 3 hours. They have numerous pulls with water of all different temperatures. They have a massive pool outside where the water is heated naturally. It was quite cold so to be in the water felt amazing. While in the pool I thought it would be fun to ask a local to pull my finger. I didn’t quite understand what I was saying but when I gestured what I wanted him to do he understood. He gave a quick tug and unfortunately for me and the rest of the people in the pool, there were no bubbles…ok, non of that happened.

All in all ive spent about 4 day in Budapest and i’ve enjoyed all of it. Definitely a city I would love to come back to again if possible.

Tomorrow I leave Budapest for a destination that I will not tell you. If i did happen to tell anyone please dont say. I will all let you guess to see if you can figure out where I am going to next. I have a feeling no one will guess it as I had no intention of going to this place.

I hope you enjoyed the updates, see you soon.



Tags: , , ,

-1 responses to “Hungary for More!”

  1. Anna says:

    Hey there traveller, I think I do know where you are going next, but I won’t tell the others, promise… sadly I can tell it’s not Sweden… but as the weather’s evolving here at the moment I almost wouldn’t want you to come, so it might be for the best…

    Have fun in …… !

  2. Dude if your going to France I’ll be shocked. But at tleast they’ll all surrender to you if they figure out your an American. That Blackpool stuff is awesome. Good to know we’re not the only ones who have a Hampton Beach. I can’t say I’m that shocked as we do live in NEW England. That song you referenced is Walking in Memphis by mark Cohen. I hate to be the one to break it to you but he got shot in the head during a robbery a few months back. He survived though, so he has that going for him which is nice. Sox excersised a 1 yr./4mil. option on Wakefield yesterday.

    Late.

    -Mark

  3. Your mom, the wino says:

    I was sorry that Austria was not to your liking but I am glad that Hungary was. I don’t know much about the country but if you say it is a place to visit then I am o.k. with that. I guess that you are going to Poland for some kielbasa. I could be wrong of course but who cares.
    It’s been a tough week in the Gagnon household so I am unwinding with a glass (or two) of vino.

  4. The Angry Inch says:

    Where are you going??? Hmmm maybe to another bath house…just don’t forget the soap on a rope this time!!!!

    OK how about the always lovely Chernobyl Ukraine? A hot spot for sure…. Maybe Poland? Filthy Russia?

    I know where I am going…Patriots VS Indy…Sunday Night baby!!!!

  5. The Angry Inch says:

    Oh wait you went to a bath house an it must have inspired you…your going to Greece

  6. Jeff says:

    These are my guesses:

    1. Bucharest, Romania (Transylvania!!!)
    2. Warsaw, Poland
    3. Prague, Czech Republic
    4. Moscow, Russia

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *