BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy Father’s Day!

This post goes out to all the father’s celebrating Father’s Day either in front of the TV watching the U.S. open or at the bar the golf course getting polluted and watching the U.S. open, yes this mean’s you dad.  Being away from home has made me very sentimental.  Everytime I get e-mails from family I get very emotional as I do miss you all very much.  When there are holiday’s such as Father’s Day it often makes me reflect on some of the amazing times we would have as a family celebrating this joyous day.  I thought since some of you have gotten to know each other a little better through my blog that I would all let you in on some of the amazing things we did on father’s day.  My mom is an active particpant in this blog but my dad is somewhat computer illiterate so I would like to dedicate this post to him and some of the great memories we had as children on Father’s Day.  The following are some of the amazing Father’s day celebrations in no particular order….Here’s to you Pop!

Showing my dad my report card on Father’s Day was always special to me.  My dad was always so understanding when he saw my grades:

“You know….I honestly think you put the F and the D in Father’s Day.  Get out of my face and go and mow the lawn.”

“I hate you dad, you are the worst father in the world.” 

It was always fun to give my dad gifts on Father’s Day. Seeing the distant look in his eye as he envisioned what hole his buddies were on at the course while opening up the bottle of old spice and the new tie that already had a spot reserved for it in the back of the closet, brought us all to tears. It also brought me to tears when he would ask me to take the trash out that night, and guess what would be sitting on top?

Not sure when this particular Father’s Day was but it truly makes me emotional just thinking about it.  It was a warm and sticky June afternoon and dinner was sitting on the table.  Me, Jeff, Dan, and Tom all at the table enjoying the food.  Mom up in her room.  Dad in the backyard swinging a golf club and yelling up at the window at mom:

“You let them get away with everything….that’s fine She!”

Another one of my favorite Father’s Day’s was when I was watching TV by myself and Jeff and Dad were having a fun game of wrestling in the back yard.  It was so fun to see them bond like that on such a special day.  Some dad’s would play golf with their sons, or take them fishing.  We brawled…does it get any more special than that?

I hope you all really got a sense of how important Father’s Day was in the Gagnon household.  I’m sorry I won’t be there to spoil it this year but if i know my family someone will surely be there to ruin what is always a spectacular day. 

Happy Father’s Day Dad!



Tags:

2 responses to “Happy Father’s Day!”

  1. Your favorite mother says:

    Hi,
    I see that I am the first to write a comment. Yes, i just laughed my head off reading this. Let’s hope your father doesn’t read it, he may not be so amused. It is so nice to look back on the good times. Wouldn’t auntie Sharon get a kick out of your stories.
    Thanks for brightening up my day. It always helps. We are in the last few days of school and it is about 95 degrees in DHS.
    Actually dad had a pretty quiet day. Yes, he did play golf and watch the U.S. open but no one else was home including me. Everyone left so I went out as well. I got home around 6:00. There was no one to spoil his day but himself.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Mom

  2. Dad says:

    Nice Brian! Thanks for sharing all those special moments with the rest of the world! Actually, I thought we did all those things on Mother’s day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *