BootsnAll Travel Network



Goodbye Everyone!

I can’t believe after all this time that the day for my trip to begin has finnally arrived.  I guess I will be leaving with mixed emotions.  One part of me is very excited about what lies ahead.  Another part of me is nervous about what lies ahead.  Another part of me is sad about the friends and family I will be leaving behind.  I guess I haven’t quite figured out why I’m actually going on the trip.  I may never fully understand.  I’m looking forward to meeting new people and seeing new places.  I’m excited about the opportunity to learn more about what is happening outside of the world i’ve been living in for most of my life.  I’m excited about new flavors of peanuts on airplanes that i’ll be able to try.  I want to thank those of you who have had kind words for me and have wished me luck.  It certainly means alot to know I will have alot of people thinking about me and following my travels.  I look forward to communicating with you all while i’m gone.

 Brian “Cousteau” Gagnon



Tags:

9 responses to “Goodbye Everyone!”

  1. Tom says:

    Brian,

    Good luck, have fun and update as often as possible. O yeah maybe date your entires…it will be quite a collection when your done.

    Tom G

  2. So like I said Sports Updates for my commrade, my cohort, and my co-conspirator.

    Saturday 4/8/06 Red Sox-2 Orioles-1
    Schilling looked like a stud and was dealing all day. Papelbon comes in- good morning, good afternoon, good night. Coco Crisp left with a finger injury early. Adam Stern looked ok.

    Sunday 4/9/06 Red Sox- 4 Orioles- 1
    Wake looked much better. Stern played again fro Crisp and got a couple of hits. Umps were terrible and looked to be squeezing Rodrigo Lopez. Oh well. Pappy got the save but got into and out of a jam. Foulke look dominating in the 8th. Rumors of Crisp’s injury are all over. Could be set for the Opener or may be out 6-8 weeks.

    More to come…..

    -Mark

  3. Jeff says:

    Bri!

    Hope Fiji is treating you well…The Red Sox just won their home opener 5-3 over the Jays. Beckett went 7 and got the win. The bad news is Coco Crisp broke a knuckle and is out 10 days, but the good news is Stern is playing pretty well and holding his own in center. Lowell had 4 hits and 3 doubles in the opener today. Chalk up another save for Papelbon.

    We miss you already. Looks like Nikki and I found an apartment in Hillcrest I think. 1700 for a 2br/2ba. We’re going to try and talk them down on the price and I think we have a good shot. Places are not renting….

    3 more days and I go on vacation for a week. Can’t wait!!

    Hope Fiji is going well. Everyone sends their best.

    Love, Jeff

  4. Mark McManmon says:

    Brian,
    Jeff sent me the link to your blog. Your trip sounds great. I can’t wait to follow your journey. I wish you all the best.

    Mark

  5. Jeff says:

    Bri,

    Thought you’d like an update:

    Bronson Arroyo: 2 games, 2 wins, 2 homers…yes, 2 homers. He officially has two more homers this year than Manny and Wily Mo combined.

  6. Brian,

    The Home Opener was a circus!! We went to the Mike and Mike Morning Show thing in Boston and met those guys got free breakfast and free drinks at 7AM. Met Felger and his crew and they told me a) they love Brian from San Diego (your welcome) and b)that I am their best caller. We went to beer works- delish-ass. We hit the game up and like everyone said Beckett was awesome. Wily Mo had a ball go off his glove into the bullpen for a homer in front of us. After the game we hit up the new and improved Cask and Flaggon and hung out with Felgers’ crew and got drinks bought for us. It was a long ass day but very cool we got all kinds of ESPN swag and even two Jim Rome t-shirts.

    4/12- Sox lose 8-4 to the Blue Jays. Wells got beaten like a drum. Yankees bludgeoned Jeremy “Mister Blister” Affeldt 12-5.

    BIG NEWS: Patriots sign Richard Seymour to a four year deal terms undisclosed at this time.

  7. Jeff says:

    Mark,

    What is your email address?

    Does the Felger show have a web address? Do they stream online?

    Jeff

  8. Dan says:

    Bri,

    Are you enjoying paradise yet? it doesn’t get any better. I saw this great video on coral reef the other day. You really should consider doing a little scuba diving. let us know what is happening.

    Dan

  9. HEY BABE….you better keep us posted on all of your adventures!!! I am a little pissed that you didn’t take me with you, but you know that whole “bring only one bag” thing would have not worked….What do you mean i overpack???? NEVER! ANYWHO…IF you fight a lion on your trip you better kick it ass and take some pictures.

    BE SAFE!!

    alice

  10. Mom says:

    Hi Bri Bri,
    It’s your mama. I just wanted to let you know that I never got the name of your website. Was this on purpose? I hope not.
    Also to all of your friends who are leaving the less than appropriate messages, ie. Asian hookers, etc. I am reading these messages!!!
    I am making my list of figurines, knick-knacks, and trinkets for you to buy me from all the exotic places you go.
    Love you Brian, and we miss you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *