BootsnAll Travel Network



Crikey…I’m leaving Australia!

Here are some final thoughts on my first month of traveling. Why the hell didn’t i do this sooner? Why didn’t i bring more clean underwear? Ok, on a serious note, the first month has been alot of fun. Met a ton of amazing people, most of them doing just what i’m doing. Seen some pretty amazing places that i never thought i would have seen again. I’d have to say that the best part of my day are when i stop for a second and think how fortunate i’ve been to be able to do this. I’m gonna say this a million times so ignore it if you don’t want to hear it, but those of you who still have the opportunity to do this, please do it. I’ve met people of all ages doing it so there is no excuse. Anywhere from 18 to 61.

I’d have to say that the most frustrating part of the trip is not being able to speak a second language. I know everyone speaks english but i feel really stupid that i can’t speak two languages as almost everyone else can. I’m definitely gonna polish up on some language skills while i’m out here but i would love to be fluent for my next trip, yes, there will be another trip.

So i have a month under my belt and i’m heading to what could be the hardest part of my trip, Southeast Asia. I’m looking forward to all that lies ahead and like i’ve said before keep the comments coming because it does make me feel a little closer to home. Goodbye for now…i’m off to Singapore…Woo Hoo!



Tags: , ,

5 responses to “Crikey…I’m leaving Australia!”

  1. Jeff says:

    Bri,

    The Sox are kicking the Yanks’ butt tonight – 14-3. Thought you’d like to know! Great posts and pics. I will send you a longer email soon! Safe flight to Singapore!

    Love, Jeff

  2. Karen says:

    Hi Brian,

    The kids love getting their postcards and me reading them the editted version of your trip. Let me tell you that Tim couldn’t tell me the story about the dog. He was laughing (and you know his image when laughing) so hard and could only say one or two word so I had to walk over to the computer to read about the dog. CLASSIC.
    I am enjoying your travel stories and the pictures are fantastic.
    Please stay safe and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Karen (and Emily & Jack)

  3. Brian,

    Absolute classic stuff going on back here at home. Some fun stuff before sports- Went and picked out Tuxes last weekend for the wedding, Moisan bagged out last minute he had to play Booby Flay for a womens HS LAX team and forgot about it until Becky reminded him the day before. So I took my cousin Paul with me and then we went and hit a bucket of balls, the kid had never heard of Stevie Ray Vaughn until last saturday. You’ll be happy to know Dubbya’s approval rating is hovering around 31% according to the major 3 networks. Gas has gone down to $2.83 a gallon. That’s the big one back home right now.

    Sports- Farve now says he may even play in 2007. Red Sox swept the Orioles last weekend. Went to the Sunday game and saw Lenny DiNardo’s 1st career win. Good game, Alysha wore her Millar jersey to the game and got laughed at by me when she’d cheer him as he went 0-fer. “It’s ok Kevin I still love you.” Embarassing. Sox layed an absolute beatdown of the Yankees in the Bronx last night 14-3. It was like the Yankees were the Dan Duquette Red Sox last night. 3 errors, DP’s, just crappy baseball all around. Manny went yahd and Alex Gonzalez not a typo CRUSHED a 3 Run Homer. Beckett gave up a 2 run Homer in the first to Giambi and then settled down and looked awesome. Also Bernie Williams chucked his helmet behind him after getting caught looking and almost hit the ump, he got tossed. CLASSIC! One last thing- Delmon Young got a 50 game suspension for throwing his bat at an Ump in Pawtucket. he hit the ump in the chest. Great footage.

    Game 2 tonight in the Bronx Schilling v. Mussina.

    Great pictures, I won’t be able to watch the game or LOST as I’m at SCUBA from 7-11.

    Late.

    -Mark

  4. Mayor of Fairview says:

    Hey buddy, I can’t believe it has already been a month! Your trip sounds amazing and I’m glad you are enjoying it. Just wait til you get to Asia and you are the tallest person around, you’ll love it!

    I’ve been travelling this past month as well:
    I went to Gallatin, TN AND it was only a week after some TERRIBLE Tornado’s came through. Even though I didn’t see any damage that day, I was only a mile from it. How crazy!

    I then went to JACKSON, TN. There I ate at O’Charley’s, Jason’s Deli, Longhorn’s Steakhouse and so on….It was WILD! I ordered a beer one night!

    Next was a trip to Knoxville. The crazy thing was I didn’t even make it down to campus or the strip, I stayed in Farragut basically to run the event. I did make an appearance on the TV Morning SHow on the NBC station. TV Star now means, “I’m RICH, BITCH”

    The next weekend was spent in LOUISVILLE, KY. If you make it to AFRICA on your trip it would be very similar. We went up for the Kentucky Derby, that is a sporting event that you will have to check out when you get back. Lots of rich people way overdressed, wearing big fancy hats, and drinking Mint Julips at $9 a pop. It was a blast and I could see that being an annual trip!!!!!

    As soon as I got back I headed to MORRISTOWN, TN where I had No fun at all. Well, except that the older fellow who works with us now, his last name is HEAD. So you can imagine all of the jokes that we have with that! Which reminds me, Pat Head Summitt has a nephew and his name is Richie, Richie Head….or also known as Dick Head, True Story.

    Next trip is to Memphrica…wish me luck!

  5. Thomas says:

    Good luck on being fluent in Australian for your next trip. I hear that’s pretty tough language to master. Not as tough as Canadian, but it’s a pretty high degree of difficultly.

    Caning is an acceptable punishment for littering in Singapore. Be sure your beer cans make it to the trash so that the Singaporeans don’t thrash your ass. In fact, making sure nothing happens to your ass anyway is a good policy.

  6. Katie, Ryan, and Kyle says:

    Hey Brian,

    It’s great to hear that you are having so much fun!! We love getting all the travel updates and the boys really look forward to getting postcards. As a matter of fact, we received the lastest postcard a couple of days ago from Australia. Ryan got the mail that day and knew right away it was from you. He yelled, “a postcard from Brian!” We looked at the picture of the kangaroos on the front and I asked Kyle (keep in mind he’s only 3) where he thought you sent it from. He yelled, “the zoo!!” Keep the postcards coming so you can help educate my children as to where these animals actually come from!

    We look forward to hearing more great stories from you soon.

    Stay safe and have fun!!

  7. kuzu says:

    Hello Everyone! ~Greeting from Bhutan~

    Bhutan’s first ever blog at http://www.kuzuzangpo.com called ‘Bhutan Weblog – Bhutanese Perspectives in a Journal’ has interesting readings from Bhutan and information on Bhutan including the travel information and links to travel agents.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *