BootsnAll Travel Network



Alice Springs to Darwin

Holy Turd Mongers, i’ve finnally made it all the way up to Darwin from Alice Springs. It is a ton of driving, almost 1500 Kilometers, that’s about 900 miles for all you metrically challenged individuals. Driving from the desert to the tropics is a pretty amazing site. I just got back from Kakadu National Park yesterday. One of only 20 sites in the the world that is a National Park as well as a world Heritage area. It has some amazing aboriginal art work. Amazing to see some of the images of Kangaroos and some of the gods that the aboriginal’s worshipped. I wonder if in a couple hundred or even thousand years if people will be going on guided tours through inner cities to check out all the graffiti that was left there by some of the tribes (gangs) that inhabited the area. I can just picture a tour guide explaining the giant marijuana leafs left behind and what that meant to our culture. I guess the times have changed but ultimately the people haven’t. Rock art is and always will be a form of expression.

While up in Darwin we also took a cruise on the Adelaide River to see the so called “Jumping Crocodiles.” Now, let’s get one thing straight here. Crocodiles don’t jump unless you dangle massive amounts of food in front of them to jump, which is what they did. It wasn’t like we were watching dolphins flip out of the water. These are massive creatures that would pretty much do anything to get food. It would be like teasing a really big fat kid with a cookie. If you stand up tall and hold the cookie over your head no matter how fat that kid is he will get off the ground to get that cookie. He may eventually get the cookie or hurt you in the process but something entertaining will happen.

I also want to take this time to give you all an update on my tan situation. I’m still extremely pastey white. I have been using sunscreen though. I pretty much think that if i feel asleep on the equator naked for about 30 years i couldn’t get a tan.

So i fly back to Sydney tonight and then leave for Singapore on Thursday. I will try to update once more before i leave. Enjoy the photos everyone.



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Alice Springs to Darwin”

  1. Angry Inch says:

    Thanks for the pictures and the update. I think you should add “getting flogged like Michael Fay” to your list of things to do in Singapore. That will put some color on your skin.

  2. Josh says:

    Those pictures are pretty spectacular, and I horse-laugh every time I read your blog. Looks and sounds like you are having an amazing time travelling! Things here are getting interesting.

    You know, no one really knows what in sun screen anyway…it could be zebra spooge, who knows – who really knows!

  3. Mark McManmon says:

    Brian,
    Great photos! Glad you figured out a way to post them.

  4. Free Martyr Me Ringtone…

    Hear the ringtone of the popular song: Free Martyr Me …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *