BootsnAll Travel Network



System Crash-11 days to go

Fellow Travelers,

   A great tragedy has occurred. The system has crashed, At the main offices. Something to do with the server or some such, I dunno, beyond me. But the final result is this,, All my blogs since middle of august have been lost. My Bootsnall friends, helped me retrieve most of them thats why they are repeated here, But I did lose a couple I think. and most of the comments, that everyone kindly submitted. But thats ok, another minor bump and everything is working out, no worries Mate,

namarie

Max



Tags:

-149 responses to “System Crash-11 days to go”

  1. admin says:

    Hi,
    Hopefully you got my email via Flickr about checking out the Red Carpet forum. Go to http://www.redcarpet-tours.com and on the left side there is a link to the forums. As I said, you don’t have to register to read the messages. There is loads there about the tour you are doing including my posts (cat) about what to wear in October. Many of the posts are from people who have been and there are some from people booked to go soon – including October – you could register with the forum and ‘hook up’ with them before you meet. Anyway, there is loads of info there
    What to wear – layers is the best way to go. And keep the luggage light. You’ll want to bring back loads!!!! I pretty much wore jeans the whole time I was there. Foot wear was sandals or trainers or walking boots. I wore T shirts and carried in my hand luggage a reasonably heavy cardigan, a light fleece, a light waterproof cagoul, a snow hat, a sun hat, gloves, scarf and sunglasses. It was handy to have all these things cos you could be wrapping up warm for a jet boat ride and then heading off into the sun in you sunglasses on a helicopter ride. Hopefully the pics on Flickr give you an idea. There are also plenty opportunities to do laundry in the hotels. Wrap you swimming stuff cos the Spencer has a lovely pool and the Polynesian Spa in Rotorua is fabulous. The Powderhorn Chateau has a small soak pool you can use after trekking around Mordor. As I say, layers are the key. As for stuff to keep warm, there are plenty places around selling Merino wool gloves and scarfs and fleeces but if you have it all to bring over then don’t go spending. Most of the time I was in my jeans, walking boots and t shirt with my cardi or fleece.
    Auckland was wet and warm, although if you went on the boats it was cooler and if you climb anywhere like Rangitoto you will be cool. Hobbiton was stunning and warm, Rotorua was very warm and I was in my t shirt for that but climbing Whakapapa ski field I was well wrapped up as it’s high and the snow was deep and the winds fierce. Wellington was t shirt weather, so was Christchurch, Te Anau, Mavora Lakes, Queenstown. The only bad weather we had was Mount Sunday and Twizel where is snowed, that’s why you want layers!
    Anything else? It’s my favourite topic!!!
    Do tell Raewyn and Vic i am thinking of them.
    Cheers,
    Cat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *