BootsnAll Travel Network



Paris 1st day

The plane ride over was awful, I was pissed off. They seated us seperately. And both of us were stuck in the middle seat, which means we had to seat between 2 people. The plane was packed to capacity so we could not switch. So I sat there for 7 hrs staring at the seat in front of me! United will hear about this! That I think set the tone for the entire trip. Little things went wrong all the time, not enough to ruin anything but just enough to throw me off a little bit. But we made it safely, thats all that really counts I guess.

First day in Paris was wonderful, The weather was sunny and beautiful. We decide to take a walk and get our bearings. And really to stretch our legs after the long horrible flight. Went up one street, down another, and voila, there was the Eiffel Tower. I was immediately impressed. Its so imposing and much taller than I thought it was. We stopped to take some pics and I thought I heard singing. Sue heard it to too. So we followed the music. It came from under the Eiffel Tower. Thousands of Scottish men, (very few women), were partying under the Eiffel Tower! All wearing their clan kilts! It was simply amazing. The sang Que Sera Sera and Doe a deer, it was hysterical. They were there waiting for the start of the Scotland vs France rugby game. Both teams were in contention for first place. Scotland won. They were very rowdy, but fun and courteous with everyone, They even kept posing for pictures with everyone else. Sue enjoyed a Heineken with a small group of lads. we stayed there a couple of hours and then headed back to our rooms for a small nap. We were out for hours!!! We finally arose from bed and went to investigate the Paris night.

Paris at night is beautiful, so alive and energetic. Oh to be young and in love in Paris!!!!! Oh, wait I’m not in love. Anyway. To be young in Paris. Darn,, I’m not very young anymore either. Oh well, to be in Paris on a warm night in September is wonderful! We headed over to the ARC DE TRIOMPH and the CHAMPS ELYSEES. We were allowed to go tothe top and snap some pics. Paris is all lights at night, just like you heard, and its beautiful! The Eiffel Tower is all lights, yellow and green on the base, and every hour, it sparkles with white lights! We ate at a very nice restaraunt on the Champs Elysees, and encountered another Chicago couple, who were actually from Naperville. Funny. We had a very nice dinner and then headed back to our rooms, by this time it was very late. More Tomorrow . Au Revoir Brian



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *