BootsnAll Travel Network



New Zealand

I miss it. I left my heart there. I haven’t been the same, since returning. Something has changed. I’m becoming haunted by my memories.I still think about it every day. And my desire to return is just as strong today as it was, my first day home. I think it was like lightning in a bottle. I now know what that truely means. Every element, every aspect was exactly how I dreamed it would be. You know, I haven’t watched the movie once, since the return. I normally watched one of the three films religously at least once a week before then, or listened to the music to and from work in my car. But no more. It’s almost like, I’m afraid to face it. The Trip is over! And My life has changed. There is a scene at the end of ROTK, where the hobbits are having a pint at the Green Dragon, everyone around them is, dancing and singing, and making merry and the hobbits look at each other, and know that life for them has changed. The Twins and I re-anacted that scene, when we got home! Life imitating Art!! I think I know why my life is different, and I’ll share my thoughts.

 THE. TOUR. WAS. PERFECT. Finally I was with a group of people of all ages, who loved and were obsessed with LOTR, like me. I could be myself and not stand out, like I normally do. People from all over the World joined with me on a quest and an adventure that changed our lives forever.Different people from all walks of life, all ages, and different countries. Coming together to enjoy a common bond.  Unknown to us,and especially to me,  our journey echoed in some small ways, the journey the fellowship took. We had adventures climbing, snowy mountains, crossing freezing streams, meeting great characters along the way.  Funny thing is, all of us mirrored that Fellowship too. We met Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. We had our own Aragorn and Borimir. Faramir and Eowyn traveled with us. Also Two Hobbits on a quest and of course, Gandalf was there guiding them. We were very far from home, but we had worked so hard to get there and to accomplish this task was monumental and very rewarding.

Also My Boys were with me.  At a time were they still thought I was the coolest person in the whole wide world. I so wanted them to be proud of me. And to learn that no goal or dream is out of reach. Sometimes I would look into their eyes and see a gleam or a smile would break on their faces and I knew, This was everything! And everything was worth it. They are everything to me! 

I know every journey has a profound effect on the people making it. This one did! And someday I will go back. I so much want to see the lakes, and streams and mountains of Middle Earth again.   And someday we will.. Namarie Max



Tags:

One response to “New Zealand”

  1. Thomas says:

    I wish I could go back with you too. I love you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *