BootsnAll Travel Network



Daniel Reeve and Brett Beattie

Hello from Middle -Earth,
sorry everyone for not writing sooner, but internet is very far between and when I can get it, its too expensive. Anyway, on to better things. We met the caligrapher and map maker on the films, Daniel Reeve. He designed all the artwork , books and maps and designed all the writing in the movies. Everytime you see writing, a map or a book, it was done in his hand. He created writing styles for all the characters, and can write anything you want in those hands. He kindly wrote special messages for all of us in any hand or language we wanted, i’ll try and post pics of them, plus he designed , a drum roll please , my TATTOO, yes thats right , I got a tatto the day we met Daniel and he was kind enough to design it,, I went to the same place and had the same artist who did the fellowship from the movies, it hurt like HELL!
The next day, we visited the Elven Cloak factory, yes I bought a cloak, everyone was very jealous, but its a limited edition, so much so, that they insisted on taking my name and address for their books.
Following that day we met Gimli, not John Davies, but technically his stunt double, but we call him the REAL Gimlin because he was in make up 189 days, while Davies was only in make up 30 days. If you watch the film, you can tell the difference. He was absolutely charming, Raewyn insisted he sit between the Twins all through Dinner, they were so excited. He was shy and quiet, but I think he enjoyed talking to me, with all my wild stories of crime in Chicago. We kind of dominated the evening, I think.
Edoras was rainy and freezing but Gandalf the White and Aragorn of Gondor, made it to the top, I’ll post pics when I can. AND today was Pelennor Fields, with spectacular views. We also met the Author of the LOTR guidebooks, but I’m running out of time again, and it really is too expensive to stay online much longer, check out the link to some of the pics i’ve downloading so far, Namarie Max



Tags:

8 responses to “Daniel Reeve and Brett Beattie”

  1. sue says:

    you did not get a TATTOO !!!!

  2. I enjoy what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and reporting! Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve included you guys to our blogroll.

  3. I enjoy what you guys are up too. Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve included you guys to my personal blogroll.

  4. This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

  5. There’s definately a great deal to find out about this subject. I really like all of the points you have made.

  6. Hi! I simply want to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you’ve got right here on this post. I’ll be coming back to your website for more soon.

  7. Barry Heming says:

    Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this informative article together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

  8. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations? Bless you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *