BootsnAll Travel Network



“If I die in the next month…..

….you’re all to still go and do that walk!” declared FatherBear when he came home from work tonight.
Did he have a close shave on the bike? Don’t know – best not to ask!

Regardless, methinks he is starting to get an inkling of excitement.
Younger children certainly are. When we still had over a hundred days to go we wrote out the numbers on a long piece of paper and have been snipping them off, one each evening. The paper is quite short now, well over half gone.
We have read piles of books set in Spain, France and England and feel like we’re ready to know these places more personally.
Some of the kids have been busy trying out all the different French and Spanish courses available at the library. They’ve discovered that the ones which promise you’ll be a master in seventeen easy lesson are all lies. They have even worked out that none of those kind of courses are going to bring anyone to *master* status! They are looking forward to getting there and just talking. They remember how much Lao I learnt in just three weeks – I’ve pointed out that I sat down with our guesthouse owner every day and made a conscious effort to learn vocabulary and sentences and then I toddled off to the market to practise what I’d learnt. I’ve told them to learn how to say, “I don’t speak Spanish, but can I try to talk to you please?”

Yes, the anticipation is mounting and we hope no-one dies between now and then!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *