BootsnAll Travel Network



Konjaku: Past and Present

As much as I enjoyed the last night and day in Tokyo, it was mostly just great conversations with good friends.  There is not much to tell that would captivate your attention other than Nabe and I making plans to play music when I come back to town, and a last minute lunch with Mihye (the Korean girl who introduced herself as Michelle last time I was in Tokyo).  I really wish I could’ve stayed a little longer, but I have work to finish on the farm before starting my true travels through Japan.  

I stopped in Shibuya to rescue my bag of clean laundry from the coin locker it’s been imprisoned in for the weekend and then made my way to Shinjuku.  A few last minute shopping errands before the return home, a brief stint of 2 Spicy where I beat the game on a single coin, and then I was off.  The bus ride wasn’t anything spectacular, but when I got to Kawaguchiko I was able to hitchhike fairly easily for the third time.  I’m finding it surprisingly safe and simple to get picked up.  It seems that anybody with the slightest knowledge of English wants to take every opportunity possible to practice it.  Works great for backpackers!  I’m seriously considering the idea of hitchhiking all the way to Koto in a month rather than paying the outlandish ¥8000 bus fare.

Why such a short, photo-less post about nothing?  Firstly, I wanted to let you know that I was heading back to the farm.  Second of all, take a look at the title!  One of my songs was used in a short film about modern life in Kyoto.  It is currently available online for free viewing.  You can check it out here:



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *