BootsnAll Travel Network



BKK

So,

We had bets going on the airplane regarding whether or not we were flying east or west to beijing from chicago…the guy behind me said, “i’ll bet you your uneaten pretzels that we are flying over the Atlantic”…i thought, but didn’t say, “my stepdad knows everything and he says we are flying over the Pacific…” BUT guess what, we were all wrong…we flew straight over the North Pole and seeing as it is that time of year, I did sneak a peak out of the window in hopes of seeing Santa and his reindeer.

Arrived in beijing, through intense security…the gaze of the chinese military men made me feel guilty of a crime i am certain i didn’t commit- and to thai airways where i was greeted by a stewardess with hands together in prayer pose and a beautiful sari on…i knew i was ‘home’!

one night in a ‘fancy’ hotel, and i have made my way to the infamous khoasan road where there are almost more foreigners walking the streets than thai people braiding hair and selling their wares…

tonight i am staying at DD Inn, which i could give or take, but is convenient, and have booked an overnight bus leaving bkk tomorrow at 8p and arriving at suratthani the next morning…then a ferry to koh phangan…all for 1100 Baht or roughly $30.

write soon. peace, love, hairgrease,
tp



Tags: ,

-92 responses to “BKK”

  1. Starkey says:

    Man, keep those phone calls to Mom coming!! Thank you very much . . .

    This is cool Tiff . . a wonderful way to keep in touch.

    God speed

  2. Winston says:

    Hey Tiff,
    I am so jealous…
    Thanks for getting in touch and letting me know about your blog.
    I do belive that koh phangan is the first and last and only place I have met you. I hope its still just as magical.
    Looking forward to reading more of your blogs.
    Have fun 🙂
    Winston xx

  3. Linda Gray says:

    Hi Tiffany,nrHow wonderful to hear from you. You know how delighted I am that you’re following this star. I’ll be eagerly awaiting your updates.nrnrPeace and blessings and life-altering adventures to you!nrnrLove, Linda

  4. Maggie says:

    Tiff!!! I booked my ticket! I sent you the itinerary. I get in on the 29th and leave Jan 15th…nrnrI cannot wait to see you.

  5. Mama says:

    Maggie, so Glad you are going to visit. Make sure to stop and see me (and our cats!) before you leave so I can give you a hug to take with you! Tanya

  6. Misti says:

    Hi poops!nrnrIt is really good to hear your words! I just saw that Maggs is on her way to see you soon! That’s amazing. I’m sure you’ll both benefit from that.nrnrI hope you’re having a great time. nrnrKeep in touch.nrMisti

  7. Soraya says:

    Dear Tiff,

    It was so good to read your blog and hear about Thailand. I am currently in Panama and loving it!! I hope your travels bring you many wonderful experiences. I will always be thankful for the time I spent at Yoga on High with you.

    Hope this finds you well!

    Soraya

  8. Haley says:

    I send a “wai” your way Tiff. Beware the city tuk-tuks and always visit the night markets. I ate at the night markets and from street vendors for a month and never got sick… so don;t listen to the tour books on that one. Have a wonderful, wonderful visit and post many blogs soon. Do not be afraid when the bus drivers honk at each wat they pass, it is only because they can not take their hands of the wheel to give the traditional wai. If you get home sick dont forget to check in on our little myspace community. I have posted barcelona postcard there for your reading pleasure. Have committed to write and post more so check back often.

    Much love and many kisses!

    Haley

  9. Michael From YOHI says:

    Tiff…so surprised and elated to get your message and access to this blog. Sweet indeed. This morning, Tuesday, I had Studio C all to myself. Good and bad. Bad that you were not sitting there in front of me sharing space Good that you were there in spirit and the room was sunfilled, warm and wonderfully quiet. It was indeed a sharing. So, today is sunny and a chilly breeze is in the air and the city bustles and horns honk and sirens wail and music plays and the usual cacaphony blends in wonderful dissonance.
    I am happy to be able to read about your travels. SO keep on truckin’ Tiff!
    I remain eager to hear of your encounters and send positive energy out for your safety and continued wellness.

    Namaste

    Michael

  10. Drew says:

    Suari Kap!

    I imagine that you are now into relax mode and soaking in the energy of the island and the love from Pat. Please send her my love as well, it’s long overdue. I was thinking about her beautiful house the other day, and it gave me some great memories (and a tinge of yearning to return). Watch out for the monkeys on ropes knocking coconuts from the trees, sharp choral on your bare feet, and English football fans.

    Maggie, if you are reading this, get ready for an amazing time! That island truly is one of the very special places in the world, and I hope you are able to come back recharged and refreshed like I did.

    Love ya’ll,
    Drew

  11. Cool Dude says:

    —–You –inspirational being you !!—
    Thanks for LIVING IT!! –FOR LIVING !! –GO GIRL !!! — glad your on your way–Let your LIGHT SHINE and your INNER NAVIGATOR guide you..ENJOY THE WHOLE THING—-the paradox and the juxtaposition of all matter of things—take it in –and let your headset see and move in and among and through it all… and observe how ‘the world’ continually reorients itself—ENJOY!
    ……LIVE IT……yEAH! BaBY!!!

    –glad you’re safely on your way….!
    LOVE,
    –COOL DUDE–

  12. Suzi says:

    Good god….enough about you…what about me? Today I pondered a decision about whether to buy the black one or the white one.

    It was purely TAXING on my brain. And then….

    I couldn’t decide between coffee or chai. I went through a new Starbucks drive thru. I appreciated the location and service but ponder whether to participate in corporate America or the bland taste of private coffee shops in the Short North.. So WHA-EVER about you and your trials of buses and knotting….try being in my shoes (size 9 pradas) for 5 minutes…. [um yeah….miss you. think of you every minute]

  13. Lorence says:

    Hi Tiff,
    Exciting to hear from you and to know you are following your bliss. I am sure your healing spirit you always have with you wherever you go will be a blessing for those persons you meet on your journey.

    Are you going to be in Israel? Hope so. I will be there May 13-31, writing poetry and essays and sipping espresso at my favorite outdoor haunt, Schtampfer Cafe’, in Netanya, while Sharon studies Hebrew at the language school (Ulpan Akiva).

    Thanks for sharing your experience with your loved ones. I send you postitve energy as your venture continues.

    Love and Nemaste,

    Lorence

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *