BootsnAll Travel Network



Taking Food to the Monks

Now in Koh Phangan staying near Haad Yao at Rock Garden-very simple, very cheap and it came with a kitty cat who can’t get enough lovin’- the best kind.

…very quiet here but the tantric yoga school is about to begin a six-month course and word is that bungalows are filling fast…still considering whether or not to join in. I am going to take class tonight to check it out…something tells me that if nothing else, this kind of yoga will give me loads to write about!

The primary reason for my coming to Thailand was to meet up with my friend Pi-Pat. Since I was here last, she and her husband have moved to a quieter part of the island, she quit work and is preparing to have a baby (many wishes to her to get pregnant soon).

Pi means big sister or aunt…she fits the role—wants me to stay near to her, she cooks for me, shows me around the island and is teaching me how to ride a motorbike. This morning after speaking of it for several days, I woke at 6am and met her and Pi-Doe (her husband) in front of the house to take food to the monks. She prepared fish, fried pork and vegetables and rice for them and we carried it in very nice dishes to where they stop and collect food for the one meal they eat every day. After putting the food in their rice bowls, we knelt before them and they said a prayer for us.

Next to the market to buy breakfast and for less than $2USD total we each had rice soup with pork and fried chicken and sticky rice- ‘thai style’ Yum! Yum!

Off to yoga class I go! more to come.

love to you,
tp



Tags: ,

7 responses to “Taking Food to the Monks”

  1. Drew says:

    Hey,
    Thanks for the update again 😉 I can see and feel very, very clearly where you are right now, you know. Is the yoga retreat you are considering Agama Yoga at the Ananda retreat? If so, I have a soft spot in my heart for that place because, as you know, that’s where I started. I’m very interested to hear your thoughts on it. My guess is that you are now, really starting to relax and get into island mode. It takes about a week to get into it, doesn’t it? Please be safe on those motorbikes, and remember, you don’t have to go fast to get to your destination, as long as you are going the right direction. (I should listen to myself sometimes, huh?)
    Be safe and blog often.
    Drew

  2. Jenn says:

    Hey there pretty lady! I love your blog and feel like I am somehow right there with you breathing and knealing and soaking it all up. I think about you every day. When I’m not wearing it, I have the goddess necklace hanging up right next to my computer.

    tantric yoga, huh? i think that’s something i need to get into.

    guess what? i got my own place in the short north (or the sho-no as i now affectionately call it….kind of like so-ho, but not). i’ll move in after the first of the year and will think of you even more as i’m walking around your ‘hood and dining at north star. i miss you terribly.

    are you going to be able to get some photos up on this mug? i want to see you and where you are…and the fun you and maggie will have together. i so wish i could be there too. …until italy, i guess 🙂

    love you!

  3. Martha says:

    Dear Tif,
    I’m so happy that you arrived safe and sound.
    It’s good to be in touch with you and what you are experiencing via your blog–I will stay tuned.
    All blessings and love,
    Martha

  4. Mark says:

    Tiff,
    Thank you so much for these little snippets of your time. Much love to you on your journeys!
    Mark.

  5. Chrissy says:

    Hi – Just thinking about you 🙂 I met a woman on an airplane from Columbus to Chicago yesterday, and she made me think of you. For no particular reason, maybe her dark hair, maybe because she was from Columbus 🙂 – I dunno. But anyway, it was nice. I am happy that you are blogging so I can “visit” you whenever I want!

  6. Linda Oshins says:

    Just writing to say hello and blessings. Thanks for the opportunity to follow you around the world, physically and in your heart. If there were a way to upload a picture, I’d send you a copy of Will’s portrait of us, which I treasure. Love and I miss you, Linda O

  7. Asha says:

    Tiffany, you will be excited to hear that I recently started doing yoga myself! It is totally wonderful. I was forced to do it I guess, due to my recovery from pregnancy – I needed something low impact.nrAnyway, it is moksha yoga that I am doing and I totally enjoy it. It is making me curious to explore more of them. nrnrTiffany I am sooo happy to have found this way to work out. It is wonderful. I wish I could see Thailand now more than ever, since it seems to be the land of yoga – lol!nrnrI will keep in touch with you.nrnrLove always,nrAsha.

  8. Haley says:

    now this is my kind of blog… food as main subject. I can smell the breakfast and taste the sticky rice. yuum. missing you at sunday dinner.

    love,

    Haley

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *