BootsnAll Travel Network



We don’t need no education!

It’s Thursday morning off. In the city to get some fibre in the form of cereal.

There are a lot more Chinese students now although the 1000 that were promised are not yet here, maybe they’ll come in drips and drabs.

More students means more choice in the kitchen at meal times. The past two meals I have had cold rice ho-fun noodles with sweet vinegar cucumbers. It’s the closest thing to quench my craving for a nice simple, fresh salad!

I don’t know what it will be like when the school is full. It’s already a bundle to get to the serving hatches!

It’s so strange walking through the school grounds. There are groups of children of about 9 or 10 years old. They are chatting away quite happily. Everything could be considered normal, but I still can’t get used to the fact that one child is wielding and cracking a whip, or swinging a staff or even over-arm throwing a fire cracker the size of a mini-grenade… This ain’t no ordinary school!

That doesn’t mean that all us laowai (foreigners) are normal though. I will try and get some off the nuttier students’ profiles on at some point. And the shifus, they are also rather fruit cakey!

Ciao fo now x



Tags:

2 responses to “We don’t need no education!”

  1. Aunty Annie says:

    Hi Tom
    Glad the food is looking up – hope you get over your salad craving – mine would be chocolate! As you have had snow Andy wants to know how cold is it at the moment? Have printed your diary for Granny and Grandad and they are going to write you a note soon. We all miss you and send you all our love. Hope you dont have to do much more of that Sanda malarky and you get more Tai-chi.
    Lots love Annie, Andy, Ben, Matt and Adam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  2. admin says:

    I miss you all too.
    No more sanda for me, I have extra Tai chi classes instead… much more my cup of jasmine tea!
    Weather is getting warmer. People were talking about the return of the mosquitos and mosquito nets the other day. But I think that’s at least some weeks off. There is still a chill in the wind on occasion, but the general temperature is much more pleasant and the nights are a lot warmer.
    Still would be nice to have a bit more hot water!
    Thanks for your message.
    Lots of Love,
    Tom x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *