BootsnAll Travel Network



A good week

Hi everyone,

Good week this week. I changed groups from Ciao Shifu to Tai chi Shifu at the beginning of the week because I want to do more Tai chi. Tai chi Shifu’s group is the same as all the other’s – doing Kung fu for the most part but because I wanted to specialise more, I moved to his group so he could keep a closer eye on me. My new group is really nice although I miss the old one. Will add some profiles in due course.

Tai chi in general is going really well. I should finish the first form very soon. It’s really long and I think I’ll just get a feel for it before I leave, it’ll take years to perfect!

Itwas white here, at the beginning of the week. It was cold and snowy and the freezing temperatures were back with a vengence. Wednesday morning there was still snow on the ground, but by Wednesday lunchtime the snow had gone and the sun was shining. It’s been getting warmer and warmer eversince. I put suncream on yesterday!

We had an exam on Wednesday – Kung fu jumps and forms, we presented a good exam and it all went quite well. Also presented the stick form too. Photos to follow. Keep checking the profiles category.

Stefan (my roomy) and I also got a chair and a working telephone line on the same day. It was like a Birthday!

I also had the first shower in my room. It was of course cold, but Stefan convinced me it was refreshing. I took the plunge and haven’t turned back since. The initial shock and sudden intake of air soon passes and its fine. I have had one almost everyday since.

Today, we went for a walk and a sort of a picnic and some shaolin soccer. It was really good fun.

Tomorrow, Arthur, Jon and I are going with Tai chi Shifu to the Shaolin temple. Usually everybody goes but as we are leaving before the next organised trip we organised a mini excursion for the 3 of us. Will let you know what it’s like.

That’s all for now.

Take care x

Sunday Update

Late last night we found out that we are not in fact going for the trip tomorrow – only Arthur is as he leaves next week… apparently it takes more time if more of us go and Tai chi Shifu has tocome back early for a meeting. “I don’t quite understand the logic behind this”, as Arthur said, but, of course what do we know. We are rescheduling for a couple of week’s time. A lazy Sunday is in order then!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *