BootsnAll Travel Network



The Land of Tack

Well, before the trip around the US a bunch of our friends in Houston were giving us a hard time asking if we were going to visit the world’s largest ball of twine, etc. Up until we hit North Dakota we hadn’t visited any dodgy tourist attractions. I guess the Midwest is where you need to come for giant cows and museums dedicated to canned meat.
Don’t get me wrong, we’ve seen some nice things too, but how many over-sized statues can you look at before it just gets boring?
Click below to see the attractions from Eastern North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, both tacky and nice.
We also visited Voyaguers National Park and canoed in the Boundary Waters in Minnesota but I don’t have any photos to put up as it was pretty rainy the whole time. It was still really beautiful but I kept waiting for a nice day to take photos…

bigbison.jpg

Here is the world’s largest bison. This is Eastern North Dakota’s leading tourist attraction.

paul and babe.jpg

This is supposed to be the largest Paul Bunyan and Babe, but I need help on this one…I swear I’ve seen one just as big somewhere else, possibly in Missouri. Do any of you remember a big blue ox somewhere?

headwaters.jpg

Ok, this one is not tacky. This is actually really cool, Dave at the headwaters of the Mississippi in Itasca State Park in Minnesota.

lake at night.jpg

Lake Superior at night.

eagle mountain.jpg

Pouring rain at Eagle Mountain, the highest point in Minnesota.

blackduck.jpg

See what I mean? Another large animal, a black duck in…Black Duck, Minnesota.

timmshill1.jpg

The highest point in Wisconsin, Timms Hill.

Iowahp1.jpg

The highest point in Iowa. At the end of a feeder.

spam.jpg

The SPAM museum in Austin, Minnesota.



Tags:

Comments are closed.