BootsnAll Travel Network



Illinois, Land of Linclon

Well, I’m a little behind in putting this post up, but better late than never I guess. While we were quite disappointed to find out that the land owners of Charles Mound (Illinois’ highest point) have changed their access policy and would not allow us to visit the high point (trespassing was out, they’d already seen us) we had a good time visiting with family.
We stopped at Bud and Lori’s and got to see their lake house, we even got to go for a boat ride and Dave went swimming, although it was just too cold for me. We also visited the new Linclon museum in Springfield, Illinois. If you are ever in the area, check it out. They have a hologram movie that was just incredible! We also visited the townsite where Linclon owned a general store and worked as a surveyor.
Then Mike met us at Kickapoo State Park. I guess we had too much fun, I didn’t even take any pictures! We went on a canoe trip and a crazy mountain bike ride on which we all wrecked at least once at got lost. It was fun, despite the Nazi-like rules by which the park was run. Why have all those nice lakes and not let people swim in them? When asked, they said, ‘um, I think some people got hurt once.’ So click below to see pictures, but I only have one photo from the entire state of Illinois.

linclonsurvey.jpg

So here is Dave with Abe as a surveyor in his younger years.



Tags:

Comments are closed.