BootsnAll Travel Network



North Dakota

Click below to see the photos and hear what we did in North Dakota.

Another cool thing we saw in North Dakota but didn’t get any pictures of was a really impressive northern lights display. According to Brice usually a show as good as what we saw would not occur until December or January. Apparently we were very lucky to a display like that, and neither Dave nor I had ever seen the northern lights before. It was awesome!

whitebutteme.jpg

As usual the first order of business was to visit the high point. In North Dakota it is White Butte, a whole 3506 feet tall. Not a bad place at all but after all the big mountains a bit of a quick hike!

enchantedhwy.jpg

We visited the enchanted highway, which is basically a bunch of big sculptures made from scrap metal put up along the side of a road to be artsy and draw tourists. Tacky yes, but cool! The pheasants are great.

enchanted2.jpg

And here is Dave with a new sculpture they are just working on called ‘fisherman’s dream’.

lewis.jpg

We then spent a few days with our pal Brice who took us canoeing down the Missouri River which runs right behind his house. We felt like Lewis and Clark! Well, Dave and Brice felt like Lewis and Clark, I had to be Sacajawea, their guide.

clark.jpg

Here’s Clark exploring the mighty Missouri.



Tags:

Comments are closed.